Chapter 27: The Goodbye

Taehyung slowly opens his eyes listening to a constant and regular beep coming from somewhere. Everything is blurry. He feels an immense pain in his chest. He opens his mouth to speak but only manages to make some crooked meaningless noises. He tries to clear his throat to get his voice back and tries to speak again, still nothing. He blinks several times to make out where he is at the moment but his vision remains blurry.
He tries to speak once again and ends up in a bout of cough.

"Don't try to talk you idiot!", Taehyung hears Jimin's voice coming from somewhere close. "Your lungs can barely support your breathing at the moment. Let alone your talking", Jimin's voice is soft. Taehyung hears him pulling a chair and sitting next to him.

"It was another attack. Shane found you passed out in your car outside Jungkook's building last night and drove you here to the hospital. He tried to find your inhalers but your irresponsible ass wasn't carrying them with you. You were unconscious for 12 hours straight. You barely made it alive out of this attack Tae! Why do you have to be so irresponsible?"

"Jun-", Taehyung tries to speak.

"Jungkook? Oh shit! I totally forgot to inform him about you. Let me call him real quick", Jimin pulls out his phone to call Jungkook when Taehyung grabs his hand to stop him.

"Why? You don't want me to tell him?"

Taehyung shakes his head in a 'no' to respond.

"You guys still fighting?"

Taehyung does not respond to the question.

"Because of me?", Jimin asks frowning.

Taehyung shakes his head again.

"So? Did he do something? What triggered the attack in the first place?"

Taehyung shakes his head again.

"So? Did you do something?"

Taehyung does not respond and turns his gaze away from Jimin.

"You did. Didn't you?"

"Do-don't tell", Taehyung says in his crooked hoarse voice.

"You don't want me to tell Jungkook about your condition? Does he not know that you have anxiety and asthma?", Jimin asks his friend, annoyed and finds him shaking his head again.

"Fine. I won't tell him. You go back to sleep. You need more rest before you can talk like a human again and if I find you without your inhalers again Kim Taehyung, I swear to God I will go to Seodaemun prision and tell your mother about it", Jimin threatens Taehyung and finds his friend narrowing his eyes, "I- I'll kill-"

"Yeah yeah I know you will kill me but your mom would find out about this. So you figure out what to do", Jimin gives him a curt smile and finds Taehyung rolling his eyes before he starts coughing again.

"Hey, are you- someone call the doctor!", Jimin runs out of the room to get the doctor.

.....

Jungkook walks into Taehyung's office to not find him there. Yeonjun speed walks into the cabin to attend Jungkook, "Mr. Kim didn't come to office today", he tells him.

"Why not?"

"I don't know. He didn't tell me. Mr. Park just told me to cancel his schedule for today".

Jungkook takes a moment to think about what might be the reason behind Taehyung taking a day off but goes on to do what he came to do anyway. He places an envelope on the table and turns to Yeonjun, "That's my resignation. Can you inform Mr. Kim about it?"