CHAPTER TWO

FLASHBACK

Muhibba looked at her wristwatch. It was 4 : 21 pm she had spent all morning studying for her exams, which were around the corner.

Muhibba stood up from the desk and felt a sharp pain in her abdominal region."It must be my menstrual pain."she mused. "I'll just walk around and hope it's subsides so that I will be able to prepare ridwan's dinner."she had discovered that the decreased activity increased the pain, she packed her books from the study room and went upstairs to her room.

She got to her room but still the pain didn't subside, in fact the pain was increasing. She dropped her books on the vanity table and was about to take a pain reliever when she felt a sharp ache around her belly button, which made her felt dizzy.

Ridwan wasn't home, and she didn't have the strength to call for help. She got on her bed but couldn't sleep. The pain was excruciating really badly. She spent the next 3 hours tossing and turning on her bed before ridwan came into the room. Seeing the condition Muhibba was in, Ridwan got scared.

"Muhibba....are you okay?"Muhibba managed to shake her head in response. Ridwan called the hospital where his best friend works and the ambulance was sent to their house.

"Where do you feel the pain?"the doctor asked. Muhibba placed her hand on her stomach. She was lying down on the bed in the doctor's office.

A nurse took muhibba's temperature and pulse rate, and the results indicated that Muhibba had an elevated temperature and increased pulse rate.

"For how long have you had the pain?"the doctor asked.

"It started like 3 hours ago."Muhibba managed to say. "But I've experienced such pain but not this bad".

The doctor palpated muhibba's stomach and after observation, the repots said that Muhibba has appendix.

The doctor referred Ridwan and Muhibba for a scan and if possible appendectomy. Muhibba was taken to the scanning center while Ridwan informed his parents and hers too.

After the scan, it was discovered that Muhibba had an inflamed appendix. The doctors decided to have muhibba's appendix surgically removed.

"Ridwan, I don't think you should risk doing the surgery here, we don't have all the facilities to operate her now."Dr. Umar suggested who was a very good friend of ridwan.

"Thank you bro, but where do you think I should take her I don't want to risk her life."

"There is a very good hospital in Cairo and I think they can operate her, I will make all the arrangements for her appointment with Dr Muhammad Najdiy who is a surgeon there and also a good friend of mine."

"Thank you Umar, how could I ever repay you."ridwan said as he shook hands with Umar.

END OF FLASHBACK

"Ya ridwan....ya ridwan."mufida called pulling him out of his thoughts as he got startled a bit.

"Yaya are you crying?"she asked. He didn't even know that he was crying, he cleaned off the tears and looked up at his sister.