CHAPTER THREE

THREE MONTHS LATER

The shrill sound of the alarm clock woke ridwan abruptly from his deep sleep. In his sleep he had a beautiful dream. He was having a romantic dinner with Muhibba, he was remembering his dream, smiling when the strident alarm clock brought him back from dreamland.

The rays of the morning sun made their way through the open window, giving signals to ridwan that it was already past 8.

It was almost ten o'clock in the morning before ridwan was able to trace muhibba's aunt's house. A nice, cozy environment that leaves you with no option but relaxation. He walked straight to the block of flats facing him, knocked and was welcomed by a lady he was sure was muhibba's aunt because of the resemblance.

"Ridwan?!"The lady asked surprised, as she clearly remembered him from the wedding.

He smiled and greeted her. "ina wuni. Good afternoon."

"You shouldn't just stand there like a stranger come in."she showed him the way in and told him to have a sit and he muttered a thank you before sitting down.

"Ya mukaji da hakuri."he offered the prayer, rubbing his hands as it became sweaty.

"Hmmm hakuri da godiya."she answered and yelled out to her daughter."Maryam!!!"

She called and a lady dressed in her Ankara gown that accentuated her figure eight shape. Maryam had an apron tied around her waist, she was still fixing lunch when she saw ridwan and shouted.

"Yaya ridwan."she squealed as she ran towards him and hugged him.

"Maryama."he teased knowing that she hates it when he calls her with that. she pouted at him batting her eyelashes.

"Yaya please stop calling me that."she warned with a not so serious face and tune. "Ya hakuri, Allah ya gafarta mata, yasa ta huta."

"Ameen."Ridwan answered with a small smile.

"Go and bring some food for him."her mother suggested, and maryam stood up to get the food.

"No that's not necessary, I just came to greet you, I'm in a hurry."ridwan rejected nicely picking up his phone and car keys and at the same time standing up from the chair.

"This is what happens every time you come here,you never stay long."she teased and he chuckled.

"I will make sure to come here just to greet you In sha Allah."Ridwan said smiling and keeping his head down.

"Okay take care, greet your mother for me and everyone at home. I will be coming in the afternoon in sha Allah."

"In sha Allah."he nodded and headed to his car and zoomed to ummi's house to return the warmers.

••••••••••

Raheenah sighed as she looked at the files that are waiting for her. Her boss didn't give her the leave she wanted, instead he gave her all the files to go through them and when she is done she can take the leave but only for one week.

"I can't take it, I better go back home eat my food and then come back tomorrow morning as usual, I don't want the leave anymore."raheenah sighed picking up her stuff and stuffing them in her bag.

She got up from her chair and went out of her office. But before heading home she decided to meet her boss and tell him her decision.