CHAPTER THIRTY THREE

| This chapter is dedicated to my mother |

Happy birthday umma,wishing you a happy and blessed years ahead ♡✨.

A sigh of relief escaped her lips. She smiled widely,a satisfied smile. It took her almost a month to find the address she was looking for,she took a look at the address to confirm.

She put back the paper inside her purse and ring the doorbell and a reply came almost immediately from the inside.

A fair skinned lady, probably in her mid 40s opened the door. She was wearing a black gown with a small veil tied over her head. When the lady's eyes settled on her,she squinted her eyes at her with a shocked and confused expression.

"Ukhti ! anti Huna. Sister ! You are here?"the lady half yelled,her eyes filled with tears she missed her sister so much,it's been 13 years already. How time flies.

She hugged her immediately letting the tears fall.

"Won't you let your sister in?"she asked and the lady wiped off her tears quickly and smiled.

"Marhaban,tafdali bi-d-dukhuli. Welcome,please come in"the lady ushered and she smiled entering the house.

"Shukhran. Thanks"she managed to say in Arabic,she isn't good in Arabic like her sister,she understands it but can't speak it well,maybe because she grew up in Nigeria and her sister grew up in Sudan.

"Masa'an alkhayri ya uhkti. Good evening sister"the lady greeted passing her a cup of water.

She collected it and gulped it down. She needed it as she was very tired.

"Hal'anti wahdak. Are you alone?"the lady asked with a worried face and she nodded keeping the cup aside. "Ayna abnati. Where is my daughter?"the lady asked again.

She inhaled a deep breath and held the lady's hands. "Ana Asif,ana aibnatak lam taeud mawjudatan. I'm sorry,but your daughter is no more"

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

Days passed,weeks passed,raheenah haven't set her eyes on ridwan,she was literally avoiding him. They don't sleep in the same room anymore. Everything has changed just because of the singe I'm sorry that she refused to say which was clearly not her fault.

Her annoying ringtone abruptly woke her up from sleep,she prayed subhi and went back to bed to get some sleep.

She has so much on her to-do list today. She needs to go to the market for grocery shopping and also go to the café to print out her resignation letter.

Yeah ! She is resigning from work,she had mixed feelings when making the decision but it will be so much better if she resign.

The ringtone blasted off again,she grumbled then picked up her pillow and shut her ears with it,but it sounded like the phone was close to her.