CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

Closing the door behind her with the keys she turned to her mother with a wide smile. "Let's go"she ushered, her mother nodded and held her bag tightly, she has withdrawn all of her money from her account, she needed it, she doesn't even think it will be enough but she will try to manage it.

Maryam stopped a cab, she told him their destination and asked him how much is the fee. "Madam na 1000 naira"he answered, maryam arched her brows at him,confused. It was like she didn't hear him the first time.

"How much?"she asked again.

"1000 naira"he shouted he was getting pissed off, if they are ready to pay they should hop in and not waste both of their time.

"How is that?"she questioned placing her hands against her chest glaring at the okada man. "I'm not paying 1000, I'm only giving you 500"she argued, her mother interrupted her by touching her shoulders, asking her to keep shut.

"Madam na so you go pay o! See load"he said pointing at their luggage.

"Okay, we will pay"she replied calmly and turned to her daughter who was fuming with anger, how could she agree with him. "Enter"maryam nodded and picked up the luggage, she ordered the man to load them in the car, he refused she had to load them in the car herself.

"Be patience my child, everything will come to an end, in sha Allah"her mother assured her,placing a kiss on her daughter's forehead. "Hmmm?"maryam nodded and smiled sheepishly. Her mother is helping her unknowingly to achieve her everyday dream and with what her mother is doing, she is sure that she is going to get what she wants.

She is not happy with what her mother did, she is using all their wealth to go look for that b****'s parents, why no one else's money, but theirs even she has a say in that money but she don't care at all since she is going to get what she wish and always dreamt of having.

And now no one will stop her even that thing they call his wife !

* * *

Maryam knocked on the impatiently, they have been standing there for like 5 minutes without being attended to, her mother thought they were not home, but the gateman won't lie to them.

She knocked again harder this time and surprisingly she got a reply. "Coming"a feminine voice shouted.

Maryam rolled her eyes and hissed quietly, she don't want her mother to find out about anything, if not her plan will get ruined.

The door opened,maryam and her mother smiled at the lady who opened the door, she faked smile, she was confused, she is sure that she has seen them somewhere but couldn't recall exactly where she has seen them, they looked awkwardly familiar to her.

Hajiya Sadiya hit maryam's arm, signing her to greet her, maryam faked a smile and turn to the lady. "Ina wuni ( good afternoon )"the lady nodded and ordered them in,Maryann picked up the luggage and trailed behind her mother. She observed the house, everything has changed, the whole room now shouts exquisite and money.

She kept the luggage and sat down beside her mother on the couch.

"You didn't recognise me right?"she felt the urge to roll her eyes, if she has recognised them would she have stayed quiet. "I'm Muhibbah's aunt and this is my daughter"she pointed her finger at maryam.

She remembered clearly where she has seen them,it was during ridwan's wedding. "Oh Allah sarki,ina wuni ( good afternoon )"she greeted squatting down a little.