CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE

Raheenah placed the pan on the gas and poured some oil into the pan,then went back to chopping the onions.

"Morning"ridwan grumbled rubbing his eyes. He looked like he just woke up from sleep.

"Morning"she replied not even sparing him a glance,he isn't worth it.

He scratched the nape of his neck nervously. He wanted to talk to her about what his aunt said for the first time he is agreeing to what she says without any objection.

Before Hajiya Murja took her leave,she advised them saying.

No matter how little or big the argument you have is,always remember that you are married,you are one. No matter what comes your way you will have to be able to overcome it together. She had said to the both of them and then turned to ridwan.

And you,even if she is having mood swings and she is throwing you out of the house,just persuade her because that is what she needs at that time,someone who will stay beside her always no matter what,you shouldn't get angry with her at that time,you are a man,a married man, you've to be patient for your marriage to stay alive.

He also thought about what she said. He is ready to make everything work. The problem is just that raheenah is making it hard for him. He is really trying his best to talk to her but she never gave him the opportunity,she always shun him away or worst ignore him the whole day.

"Heenah"he called and she hummed,her eyes were glossy due to the onions she was chopping.

"Look at me"he ushered and she sighed,finally looking at him.

"What?"she asked her left hand on her waist.

"About what au.."

The annoying voice of Maryam calling out his name interrupted him,first it was raheenah who was snubbing him and now it's her.

"Ya ridwan,mom is on the phone she wants to talk to you"he didn't miss the expression on raheenah's face,she pleaded in her heart for him to stay and say whatever he wanted to say but as she saw his back was now facing her and he disappeared,she felt disappointed.

What was she expecting,when she knows what he is capable of doing. She had totally forgotten about the hot oil,she quickly offed the gas and sighed,peeing inside the living room to eavesdrop on their conversation.

Don't judge her,she was just curious to know more about maryam's plan or whatsoever.

"Ridwan"the voice called out. It sounded like she was crying. "I found muhibba's mother"

That was enough for raheenah to stop eavesdropping. Her feet moved back on their own accord,the tears in her eyes steamed down her cheeks,this time it wasn't because of the onions but because of the pain ridwan keep on striking her with it.

So all this while he was trying to find muhibba's parents.

But we all thought they were no more.

Will ridwan ever move on in his life ? I'm the one who is suffering,I've been married for 7 months but no happiness,no improvements no nothing.

She is just living with her cousin whose wife died and still not over her and now she is living with his wife's sister,who is madly and blindly in love with her husband and is trying to snatch him away from her.

What kind of a life is this ?

Why did they chose me to marry him,why me ? Why does it have to be always me!

F L A S H B A C K

"Ya heenah,oh my god you're looking so beautiful and I know that if ya ridwan comes he will only notice you"mufida praised nudging raheenah's arm whose face has already turned crimson red due to blushing.

"Enough now,keep quite"raheenah shushed mufida up. "Or we won't hear our names"

Mufida nodded and folded her arms against her chest as she watched their principal say his speech.

Today is their graduation day and ridwan is also coming back from kebbi,he was posted to kebbi for his services and he is coming back today.

Raheenah's love for ridwan started as a crush but then it imploded and turned to love. She thought that confessing her love to him will be stupid so she stayed in her own limits but with mufida by her side supporting her and convincing her to confess her love to him.

And after so much persuasion,she finally convinced raheenah to confess her love to him and they both had planned it for the confession to take place today.

Raheenah couldn't wait for the graduation to end and go back home to meet ridwan.

Immediately the graduation was over,they all headed home. The both of them were so happy to meet ridwan.

They haven't seen him in a long time so their eagerness is justified.

"Don't worry,I got you"mufida winked and squeezed raheenah's hands.

"I don't know mufida,what if he rejects me"

"Ya ridwan is very understanding,he will understand I know that"she assured and raheenah nodded still nervous,as hell.

Immediately they entered mufida's house,they were welcomed by the crowd shouting. "Congratulations"their smile grew wider as they both hugged their family members.

"Ya ridwan isn't back yet?"mufida questioned,raheenah wanted to ask the same but she didn't want to sound so desperate.

"He is on his way"mufida's mother answered and they nodded.

They were done with their lunch and seated on the couch chattering and catching up on old times,when they heard a knock on the door.

Mufida and raheenah exchanged looks and they squealed internally as they rushed to open the door.

Immediately raheenah turned the doorknob and opened the door. Her eyes met with his eyes,he was cladded in his green and white nysc uniform,moving her eyes to the other side. She saw a lady with him also dressed in her nysc uniform.

And that particular day,she regretted ever falling in love with ridwan.

He broke her heart unknowingly....

Hey,Another update ? Clap for this baby girl here !

Who saw that coming ? Well not me..

Ridwan did broke our heenah's heart unknowingly....

She waited for him but he broke her into pieces...

Vote
Comment
Follow
And
Share

Ria♥️