CHAPTER FORTY EIGHT

Her chapped lips moved,but nothing came out. She squeezed her eyes in attempt to open them. She blinked slowly and when she opened her eyes the sharp light blinded her temporarily,and she blinked again with a little squeeze,she opened her eyes again. Carefully,she lifted herself from the bed.

Her mother quickly rushed to her and adjust the pillow for her and she gently reach for the pillow and rested her back on it.

A bashful smile of happiness and joy appeared on her lips. Despite the fact that she have a splitting headache,she managed to voice out her mother's name.

Her mother wrapped her arms around her daughter and sobbed heavily. She was indeed happy,seeing her daughter alive and healthy.

"Alhamdulillah"her mother whispered bursting into another set of tears. She hugged her daughter as she didn't want to let her go.

"Mom"she hiccuped, tightening her hold on her mother. "I.."she started but choked on her own tears.

"Heenah dear"her mother called breaking out of the hug. She cupped raheenah's face with her both her hands and amidst tears she said. "You're okay,right"

Raheenah reached for her mother's hands and held them tightly. She nodded shaking her head with a small smile and wrapped her arms around her mother again.

The rest of the family members came forward and kept on asking about her health and how she is. Her eyes danced around the room,searching for the person she is yearning to see.

He was not in the room.

She stared at the door,eagerly waiting for him to come in,so she could catch a glimpse of him.

But he didn't show up.

She smiled sadly and went back to conversing with everyone and that's when she noticed that Ruhainah was also missing.

"Mom,where is ruhainah?"she questioned, curiousity furrowing her brows.

"She_"laiba started,but before she could finish what she wanted to say. The door swung open and ruhainah came in,her eyes watery.

She smiled and wiped off her tears,then ran to her sister with a smile. "Alhamdulillah,ya heenah I missed you"

"I missed you too,ruhainah"she cried and they broke out of the hug.

"Heenah?"came the call from ridwan,who rushed to embrace his wife.

They crashed into each other. His eyes became encased in a gradual moistening and blindness because of the tears. They fondled each other passionately but speechlessly. Their cheeks trailed with tears.

"I'm sorry"he apologized and she let the tears streaming down freely. She tightened her hold on him and whispered to his ears.

"You're not at fault,ya ridwan. Stop apologizing for my mistake"

"I'm truly sorry for not being there for you,please forgive me"he whispered back and at that time she felt like smacking him but she didn't have the enough energy to do that.

"You don't need my forgiveness,ya ridwan"

He realised he married a gem of a person. After all he has done to her. She have forgiven him,he felt like confessing his love to her but he also know that it isn't the best time for that. Right now he is happy,she is back. His Raheenah is back.

Ridwan's mother cleared her throat and they broke out of the hug. Raheenah smiled shyly,ridwan didn't feel anything he wiped off her tears and muttered a dua before kissing his wife's forehead.

An absurd little shiver filled with pleasure ran down her spine. She looked up at him,and then let her eyes slide away, feeling her eyes redden foolishly. It was absurd the effect this man could have on her.

"Ridwan,have informed the doctor?"his mother questioned and he gave a slight nod,not taking his eyes off his beautiful wife. Ma sha Allah,he married a queen,a queen of his kingdom. His queen.

"Ridwan"his mother called again amused. "You are not even shy"she added and they bursted out laughing. Except for Raheenah who couldn't bring herself to look at anyone, especially Ridwan.

"We should go downstairs and let her rest"her mother suggested and they all nodded and made their way to the other.

Ridwan's mother turned and looked at ridwan who was still settled on the bed together with his wife and shook her head slightly and shut the door behind her quietly.

"heenah,look at me"he ordered briefly and she shook her head with a smile and wiped off the tears that escaped her eyes. "Are you mad at me?"he questioned and she shook her head out of words. "Then look at me,please"he added the magic word this time.

Raheenah gathered a lot of courage before raising her head up to look at the Angelic being in front of her.

He smiled widely at her and she felt her heart beat racing and the butterflies in her stomach going haywire.

Their eyes locked and so many untold emotions were exchanged between the two. She didn't look away neither did he.

"I love you"he confessed, sincerely.

She felt everything around her stop,the room was filled with silence,only the sound of the hand of the clock ticking was heard. Was it a dream ? No,it wasn't.

She looked at ridwan as tears began to flow down her cheeks.

It was wonderful to live through difficulties knowing there was hope.

"I love you more than you will ever guess,I love you more than you will ever know,I love you more than you can imagine and I will always will.In times of challenges, know that I am always here to lend a helping hand. In tough times, know that I will always have your back to protect. No matter how tough the situation gets, know that you will always have my shoulder to lean on. All these, because I love you from the very depth of my heart, and there's nothing I can not do to always keep us together. With you, I feel happy that I have someone to call my very own, someone that has shown me what it means to be loved with all sincerity from the heart. In turn, I will prioritize your happiness in my life, as we go through life's journey together, holding each other's hands, with love as the sole connector of our bond"

"Alhamdulillah,for getting such a beautiful wife as my life partner. I can say that I'm the happiest man on earth,you made me the happiest man on earth"he concluded with a genuine smile glued to his face.

She tilted her head down to hide her smile.

Heyyy !

We hit 10k reads today and to show you guys how excited and happy I am,I updated for you guys. I hope you've enjoyed this small update 😉 ?

I know you did 😁

I wanted to end this book in chapter 50,but then I was like guy the drama didn't end nahh ! So maybe it might reach to 60 chapters idk yet...but jk that it is coming to an end...very soon

And about the Sequel to bound by blood,I hope you guys are reading for it *grins*

I will be dropping the introduction and whatsoever on 1st December in sha Allah,by then I'm sure I'm done with this book *I hope I won't get lazy*

Las las, what do you think of the chapter ?

Please share your thoughts on it...

Ma'assalam !

Vote
Comment
Follow
And
Share

Ria♥️