Chapter 2 - Run in with monsters at the mall...

Percy and Annabeth said their thanks to Argus as he dropped them on Sally's road, and he nodded in reply, his eyes blinking like a mexican wave before driving off back to camp. They walked up the street, hand in hand, looking like a regular teenage couple going back home after a day out. 

The front door opened as soon as the doorbell was rung, Paul poking his head and smiling when he saw who it was. He ushered them inside, calling out to Sally who walked into the living room, glasses perched on her head.

"Hi! How was your ride here?" She said as they both gave her hugs.

"It was fine - as fine as two demigods stuck in a car can be," Percy replied with a smile at his mom.

"I tried reading a book, but it was in English and way too complicated. We ended up just playing random games and stuff," Annabeth said, and Percy who nodded in confirmation. 

"Well I'm assuming you two probably want to go unpack then, Paul said lunch was going to be ready in half an hour, so we can call you back down if you like," Sally suggested.

"That sounds great Ms Jackson-Blofis" Annabeth said, hoisting her and Percy's suitcases up and heading to the stairs. Percy followed her and they heard Sally shouting up after them, "Sally is fine dear!"

"I can take my own bag, Wise Girl" Percy said, rolling his eyes fondly after she set them down in their room.

"I know, you were just taking too long." Annabeth replied as she opened the door to their room. She smirked back at him, "Here, you can take it the final stretch of two whole steps, since you insist" He snorted but complied.

They walked into the room, which looked just as it had when they left. The walls were a deep blue, like the ocean, unsurprisingly. They effectively had half of the top floor, as it was a rather large bedroom. The bed was pushed up against the wall, it had a grey cover on it and a wooden headboard, which went well next to the blue. 

There was a table in the left corner of the room, for them to study and just hang out at. Behind the table was a rather large window, which was one of the reasons they requested that room - they liked being able to see the stars and sun after they came out of Tartarus, and it was one of the quickest ways to ground themselves if they had a flashback. 

There was also a weapon rack to the side of the window - Paul told them it looked like a bookshelf, so it looked like the Mist did its job. Annabeth, who needed an actual bookshelf, had a small one on the other side of the window, and on the walls there were floating bookshelves. They also had a large set of drawers for clothes, which they were currently unpacking and putting away.

"We might need to get some more clothes, Perce. We have basically only camp clothes, which would be weird to wear at school all the time. And possibly some school supplies. Do you wanna go after lunch?" Annabeth said after she put the last of her orange CHB shirts away. She started pulling out books and placed them on the floating bookshelves around the room, before pulling out her weapons.

"Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. We should also buy some long sleeves because, well..." Percy looked down at his scar covered arms, "... I don't think this is something you see on a person everyday. I was on the swim team so people have seen some of them, but I have quite a few new ones," He too pulled out his weapons - not Riptide, that stayed safely in his pocket.

"That makes sense, but it is super hot so do not expect me to be wearing jeans," Annabeth replied, placing a set of throwing knives onto the weapon holder, and an array of daggers and knives below. 

Her drakon bone sword was not put on there, having its place usually be at her side in a sheath. However, with the recent development of needing to go to school and being unable to walk around with a sword from her hip, the Hecate children had found a solution. It was now an enchanted ring that hung around her necklace, and when she needed it, she would yank it and voila - Drakon Bone Sword!