Chapter 13 - How are we going to explain the scars?

⚠️TW ⚠️- Mentions of child abuse (Smelly gabe deservs tartarus the asshat). There are a few bits without it, but it's the main focus of the chapter - doesn't go into detail or anything, just Percy explaining that his scars are from gabe 

Their first week back at school must have been tiring for Percy and Annabeth because on Saturday they slept the most amount of consecutive hours they had in a long, long time. When the couple hadn't come down for breakfast, Sally had been worried, and walked into their room to see if they were alright. The sight she walked into was so adorable, she called Paul up to see before leaving the couple to sleep.

Percy and Annabeth were curled up into each other, Percy with his head on Annabeth's shoulder and an arm draped over her waist. Annabeth had her head resting above his with her arm wrapped around him, and they were sleeping deeply, Percy even had a small trail of drool from the corner of his mouth.

The couple slept in until just before lunch, and walked down stairs sleepily, still in their pajamas just as Sally served up lunch for her and Paul.

"Hello! How was your sleep?" Sally called out from her seat on the counter. Percy and Annabeth slipped into the seats beside her and leaned on each other while Percy replied.

"It was great, how long did we sleep?" He asked, covering his mouth as he yawned.

"Over twelve hours, pretty impressive if you ask me." Paul said after swallowing his food.

"Twelve hours?" Annabeth muttered incredulously, eyebrows raised, her head resting on Percy's shoulder. Her eyes were still half shut, and she closed her eyes, leaning further into Percy, "Nice, but let's go make it twenty-four."

Percy snorted, "But I'm hungry" he whined.

"And we just had some of the best sleep in like a year." Annabeth replied as the adults looked at the two of them with amused expressions. "Let's go back to it."

"But smell the foooooood." Percy motioned to the quesadillas his mom had made.

Percy pulled a plate over to him that had a quesadilla for him on it. He held it up to Annabeth's nose, who opened her eyes immediately as she smelt how good it was. Annabeth snatched it out of his hands and took a large bite out of it, ignoring the look on Percy's face as she ate his quesadilla. "Mmm, this is good Sally."

Percy looked affronted, "Excuse me? That was mine, Wise Girl. I'm hungry." He snatched it back and managed to devour half of it before Annabeth had it back in her hands, leaving Percy looking very confused at his empty hands.

Sally laughed, "There are a few that are ready to be made, they'll be done in a few minutes." She stood up to make sure none of them burned, as Paul laughed at the couple fighting over the last small bit of the quesadilla.

~~~

The rest of their day passed uneventfully, Sally made them start a bit of homework on the dining table, because she knew that otherwise they wouldn't do it until the day it was due. Percy messaged Ash so they could schedule a time to do some maths tutoring as they were doing a topic Percy had missed due to his 'injury induced amnesia'. They decided to do it after school on Monday because Ash had a family thing on the weekend.

The only other thing they did that day was go on a short run around the park, and for the rest of the day they were cuddled up in the living room watching tv. It was a very relaxing weekend which they like as a change from school and camp. However, they knew it was only a temporary change - to many Gods like screwing up their life - and besides they did enjoy - to a certain extent - having an exciting life.

They were reluctant to go back to school when Monday morning came, because a) ew, school and b) rumors had most probably been spread, as the Mist was unreliable with scars. He also knew his friends would remember that they hadn't asked him on friday what all his scars were from, and that he would have to lie or avoid them again.