Chapter 15 - FISH, VOLLEYBALL AND TUTORING!

HEY GUYS *quickly hides before barrage of insults about a late update are thrown*

IM SORRY ABOUT THE LATE UPDATE, I WRITE WHEN I HAVE MOTIVATION AND FOR SOME REASON IT DISSAPEARED - MUCH LIKE MY WILL TO LIVE, BUT WE DONT TALK ABOUT IT. 

However! - I am on holiday so I should be able to speedrun some chapters and have those out pretty soon, so that'll be fun XD

anyways, on with the story - also I don't know anything about volleyball so just ignore it if it's wrong 

Thursday came around quiet quickly, the days flying by because they were distracted by homework, school, hanging out with friends and the occasional monster attack. Thankfully, the monsters seemed to attack them outside of school, so nothing bad had happened that left them scrabbling for some half-assed excuse.

On Wednesday night Percy and his family had a small celebration because Percy managed to get a 100% on his maths homework for the first time ever. Ash was invited around as well and they all had blue cake, which Percy was proud to say that he made without the kitchen burning down - not to say there weren't close calls though.

Annabeth, Charlie and Aliyah were all going to try out for the volleyball team after school that day and were sitting around at lunch trying to explain to the boys why volleyball was a sport more than what you just play for fun at the beach.

"It's like swimming! Do you just swim in the sea? No! You also swim as a sport!" Charlie cried, tired of repeating it for like the fifth time.

"Okay, but like do you ever see it played professionally? No! But you see swimming played professionally!" One of the boys said back confused. Ash had their head in their hands, looking at the boys with a look that said 'there is no hope for them'.

"No, I'm not going to carry on this conversation anymore. Boys are hopeless, thank god I only like women!" Aliyah sighed, dragging a hand down her face.

"This just proves that you can't choose who you're attracted to because right now I wish I lesbian like Aliyah!" Charlie agreed.

"Hey! I'm a mature man! Not a boy!" Karl retorted.

Aaron snorted, "Yeah, sure you are. Tell that to the scooby doo boxers you're wearing."

Karl blushed in embarrassment and glared and Aaron, "Hey! That's a lie! I'm not wearing scooby doo boxers! Stop trying to kill my chances with the ladies!" Aaron raised his eyebrows at Karl who sighed in defeat. "Fine, they're spongebob."

Everyone chuckled as Karl huffed, punching Aaron in the arm.

"If it's any consolation, Karl, Percy cries at Finding Dory," Annabeth chimed in.

"Wise Girl!" Percy gasped, "How dare you throw me under the bus like that! I do not!" 

"You literally have a shirt that says 'I cried in Finding Dory' and you wear it religiously around camp. The new kids never believe you're 'The Percy Jackson' until Capture the Flag because of it," Annabeth deadpanned as his friends chuckled.

"Yeah, okay I do. But I can't help it!" Percy attempted to defend himself as his friends aww at the fact he does that. Percy rolled his eyes.

The last lesson on a Thursday was marine biology, which Percy loved and was one of the top of his class in. He was in the same class as Aliyah and they sat next to each other, which was nice because they got to know each other a little better while they were going through the work.

They were currently learning about how fish adapted to live in certain areas, and the school was lucky enough to actually have a few (alive, and in tanks) fish for them to examine. Percy loved these lessons, he learned so much gossip from those fish.