Petty

*Y/N's P. O. V.*

I don't know how much longer I can stay here. There's nothing going on, the daily routine is driving me insane, and being left in the dark to guess what his plan isn't helping either.

While I might agree that this is better than being on death row, this technically is not the place I want to be in for long. I've only been here for a few weeks, but I could already say I've had enough.

Both James and I are still in prison. Of course, the process of this immunity won't be done within a snap of a finger and technically, we'd still receive some form of sanction and by that, I mean it's a minimum of 30 years in here. But I'm sure he has something in mind that would prevent that from happening. He knows we're gonna go insane if we stayed here for that long.

But for now, I think I'm the only one itching to get out as soon as possible because he's obviously enjoying the spotlight he's receiving inside this facility.

Everyone in here is hailing him like a king and being the overly-dramatic person that he is, of course, he's embracing the warm welcome. It's honestly annoying to see him enjoy this while I want nothing else but to get out.

Unlike the treatment that I got, he was being served like royalty by the other inmates. With just one sight of his shadow, he has become the chief of this place. Even Cynthia was kissing his shoe.

Of course, everyone is finding it disrespectful that I wasn't treating him like what they are doing. They were saying I had no right to act like I'm someone he'd bow down to.

Well, if they only know how many times I made that man groan my name in plea and pleasure, they'd take back what they are saying.

I wanted to get him somewhere private so we could talk, but we're always closely monitored and even though our cells are literally across from each other, we can't just have a conversation because obviously we're both tagged as the most dangerous criminals here and we're under surveillance 24/7.

We're currently having lunch at the dining area and as always, I'm alone in my spot while James was at the center table with many people surrounding him. His charisma really does work wonders - it's like he is Father Christmas that's sharing stories with everyone, but instead of wholesome tales, it's stories of death and murder.

It was clear that he is enjoying this a little too much. Whether the attention is coming from a man or a woman, he's indulging it till the last drop. He was getting pretty flirty too. I know he's always been like that, but this time, he's making it more obvious. I was also catching him looking at me as if he wanted me to look and checking if I am.

And so suddenly, everything made sense. This is just him being petty with me for still being cold to him.

"Did you really work with her? She doesn't seem to belong here," I heard Cynthia said loudly. She's obviously talking about me and wanted me to hear. I actually wanted to laugh at her for acting tough. The last time I remember staring at her, she's looking at me with full fear on her face. Maybe she's getting too confident that Moriarty is on her side.

"You know, darling, I don't really know. Maybe I'm just really fond of working with lost kittens," James said playfully while staring at me. His cheeky grin getting on my nerves.

He might have been feeling bored as well for him to resort to this kind of action...and I can't believe it's actually working because I'm getting irritated.

The ladies around him giggled annoyingly. They're possibly thinking they are getting his special attention, but what they don't see is he's just using them to infuriate me.