Alone

*Y/N's P. O. V. *

I've been staring at this frozen laptop screen that shows Musgrave for hours now. I know it's not a live feed anymore and it's merely just a screenshot, but I couldn't take my attention away from it. It's really true that Eurus is one of a kind,  she's done so many remarkable yet awful things without getting detected. She's really not an ordinary inconvenience, if we don't do this one shot perfectly, I'm sure we'll cease to exist.

Irene and John have left the apartment hours ago, leaving me to stare at this laptop. James, on the other hand, is still locked in the other room. Thankfully, that room has no other exit other than the same door he came in which is perfectly in my view. I didn't have to worry about him leaving this apartment without my knowledge.

I pushed myself to detach myself from staring at this vicinity and to actually check on him if he's still there. Honestly, I should have done this way earlier considering the fact that he now has an idea where to find Eurus. He's been itching to find and kill her for the last few weeks, I'm pretty sure his blood lust is triggered with the discovery we achieved hours ago.

When I got in front of the door, I immediately turned the knob and as I have guessed, it's locked, "Are you dead?" I asked while knocking continuously.

"I'm impressed with how long it took you to check on me. I should have dug a hole out of this place," James sassed after opening the door for me. He stayed standing there, directly staring at me, "I don't trust that Adler," he hissed.

"You trust no one, James. I'm not shocked that you don't trust her...but I do. You're on my ship now so you can't do anything about this anymore. Besides, we have no other choice. Just be thankful she's here or else we'd be stuck in this shit hole longer," I told him.

"Do I look like I still have the patience to wait longer, Y/N? We already know where she is, I can still arrange a chopper, we can --

"Why don't I just kill you right now, then? You'll be walking to your death if you do that anyways," I interrupted him, "Moriarty, we can't just do this haphazardly. We saw what she can do and I bet she's still not showing everything. You'll be long dead before you even ---

"You talk too much, love. It's annoying," James stared directly into my eyes as if trying to look at my soul.

He's slowly leaning in and I just realized what's happening a little too late.

I tried to jump back away from him as quickly as I can before he can bury the knife he's holding on my skin. Unfortunately, he still managed to slash my arms which immediately went to defensive position when I realized he's about to stab me.

"James, you don't want to do this," I said, more alert and defensive now. My arm is stinging in pain already and I began to feel blood drip. Despite his threat, I still stood my ground, ready to stop his stupid suicidal plan.

"Darling, be thankful that this is the only thing I'm doing to you for stopping me a number of times." James charged at me with the knife and that was the start of our brawl fight.

James is not joking around anymore. Every stab attempt he does manages to reach my skin in one way or another. I'm just lucky that I'm somehow familiar with his attacks that I'm not fully getting stabbed. I just hate the fact that he's not targeting deadly areas. Whenever I watch him train, he's always after the deadly blows, but he's not doing those right now which is throwing my defenses off.

I tried my hardest to disarm him, but he's holding onto that knife like his life depends on it. The pain I'm feeling from all the cuts I gained were also starting to bother me and I'm beginning to feel light headed from the blood lost.