Stolen

*John's P.O.V.*

The telly in front of me is currently showing the new broadcast for the day. I haven't really looked at it all day yesterday because I was busy doing a case with Sherlock. I also just ignore the news recently because everything is just about the usual holiday festivities. Christmas time really seemed a little slow, but honestly, I'm not complaining that much. At least, Sherlock seemed a little less stress out these days too.

I'm expecting to see the usual things that I see daily, but to my shock, an old friend has taken over the news again, "Bloody hell, what is it this time?"

Moriarty was on the news again, but this time, he wasn't targeting England. Apparently, he's gonna come for the US. But all of this doesn't make sense, he and Y/N are with Eurus, well IF they are still alive.

"Sherlock! Sherlock, come look at this!" I called. Heavy footsteps came my way, he already looks annoyed that I interrupted whatever he is doing, "What on earth is happening?" I pointed at the telly.

Sherlock watched the news which immediately got all his attention.

"That's probably Eurus. Some sick twisted game, I guess. Maybe it's a way to piss off Moriarty that she's using his face for something," Sherlock said. He started to go around, throwing papers on top of the tables while looking for something.

"Or what if he really escaped?" I suggested which made him scoff.

"Escaped Eurus?" Sherlock asked and that enough made me reconsider what I just said.

"I guess you're right. I mean, even you and Mycroft together can't do anything about her too. Besides, if he really did escape, he'd be with Y/N and for sure, the first thing she'll do is call you," I added, but Sherlock continued to give me his condescending scoffs.

"How can you say Moriarty will take Y/N when he esca---" As he was going on his rant, his laptop began to make a sound.

Someone is calling him.

Sherlock and I shared looks and I fell compelled to join him in approaching the laptop. Someone is really trying to reach him and it's an unknown caller. Sherlock reached for it, and answered immediately.

"Hi, Sherly. Thanks for answering the call."

"Y/N?!" I said in shock and in excitement.

"Hi, John! Yes, I'm still alive. It's really me," she said. I looked at her closer and I do believe that it's really her and not just an illusion of some sort. Seeing her gave me relief, but the more I observe her, the more bruises and wounds I see around her face and neck.

"A-are you alright? Where are you right now?" I also realized just then that it looks like she was on a balcony of some sort. I can see night skies behind her and it was also snowing.

"Y/N are you far and safe from Eurus now?" Sherlock asked. I'm glad he actually looked relief seeing her sister again.

"Far? Yes. Safe? Will we ever be safe?" Y/N answered which is a good point, "I'm fine. As of now...I just need to ask you something," she continued.

Y/N told us everything we needed to know about her current situation. I'm honestly having a hard time believing that Eurus sent them to New York and leave them by themselves to retrieve whatever this stolen thing is. She really must be confident that they will not run or really desperate to get this thing back that she'll risk letting go of her playmates.

"So, do you have any idea what this important thing is? Eurus never gave us any clue, but all I can say is it has the same worth as torturing us," Y/N asked.