Miracle

*Y/N's P.O.V.*

The two weeks that passed felt like two years for me. Everything felt so slow, nothing was happening, and I spent most of my time doing only one thing - trying to prove that a dead man is still alive.

Mycroft had reported back all the things that I didn't want to hear. They have checked and double-checked every information I gave them and it only gave one result - there are no more traces of him. Assets, hideouts, communication, and related people are all left untouched.

I did my own checking too. Now that I'm able to think more logically again, I did list down all theories that I can come up with. I know I can't just rely on the information that people have given me, I need to do my own digging too.

I first looked at the possibility of the body being fake. This is the hardest one because I'm not really an expert one on this and I only had a small amount of time when I examined the body. But considering the fact that Mycroft's team handled this, I know I should trust it. Moriarty had already done this before so I'm sure Mycroft already set in place a much stricter procedure to check everything. And if it all checks out, I have to trust it. But, this doesn't mean I should outright believe he's really dead because he could have figured out a way to perfect a fake body.

If that's the case, I have retraced everything he did for the past few months. I checked in with every connection he had and every main to the smallest accounts I have access to. I didn't leave anything untouched and deep-checked everything if someone had reached out or tried accessing anything. If James faked this, he'd need to get access to all of these assets again and I'd surely see it...but there's nothing here. The history list was showing the activities months ago. The only possibility here is if there are still some accounts I don't know about, but I doubt it. Even though I have once betrayed him, that psychopath trusts me.

And then lastly, I looked at the chances of it being Eurus' plan and I can only confirm this if I talk to her again. Surely, this will be out of the question for Sherlock and Mycroft. They won't allow me to see and talk to her again, but I had to.

I managed to get a hold of her through her video chat account. I didn't waste any more time and called her immediately once I know Sherlock and John are out for a case.

"Have you developed Stockholm Syndrome that you are starting to miss me, my dear sister?" she said, the moment she picked up.

"Just one question from me and one answer from you, Eurus," I said, ignoring her teasing. She did become serious when I spoke, "Is Moriarty really dead?" My full attention was on her and I'm focusing everything on the answer she'll give me.

"Yes," she has no hesitation in answering and I'm sure I'd see it as a line or something I'm not sure of...but that's not what happened, "James Moriarty is dead," she said, confirming it once again.

"You're lying," I accused her, when the truth is, I'm the one lying to myself. I also hated the fact that these words came out as a  bargain. It's like I was pleading for her to say that she is lying.

"It's your call, Y/N. Besides, you're the one who masters the science of illusion. Believe what you want," Eurus said. There was no tone of mockery in this one.

"Why lose interest in me, then?" I asked her.

"It's not fun when it's just one," again, she wasn't lying and all I'm getting out of this is frustration, "Is that all? I'm sure our brothers don't know you are talking to me and I don't want you in trouble, sister dearest. I've given you my full honesty so if ----

"I still don't believe this," I muttered before hanging up on her.

I hate that my last sentence was a lie because now I'm more and more getting convinced that he might be truly gone...and this is messing me up worse than I anticipated.