Irresistible

*Sherlock's P. O. V. *

I'm currently at Mycroft's office right now and there are a lot of things happening outside the room. A lot of rapid footsteps can be heard and a number of people are on their phones . The noise is honestly annoying me right now, but I just sat on the couch to wait for my brother and soon enough he entered the room.

"They can't track her down already. Moriarty has her again and I'm sure before this day ends, Eurus will get her hands on her," Mycroft stated. He still seemed calm and he said those facts like he was just stating a normal thing, "All security around her earlier was killed off and no one was able to notify us immediately. I already sent a team to investigate and they reported that Moriarty pretended to be a tourist and took her out after she 'helped' him. They also said that a shooting happened at where they took dinner...---

"Shooting? Who are they targeting?" I interrupted.

"Y/N. People present at that time were sure that whoever are shooting, they are targeting Y/N. But they failed because Moriarty dragged her out of the place and after that, no one knows where they went. The tracker was immediately destroyed after that too," Mycroft explained, but my mind is already too busy thinking.

"Why would they aim at Y/N? Moriarty was already there...--

"Probably to scare her so she'd go with Moriarty. This may all be their plan, Sherlock. They could even try to condition Y/N to go against us," he answered.

Mycroft stopped typing and he leaned back on his chair. These are the rare times where I am seeing him deeply sighing. He might physically look calm, but I know deep inside he's frustrated, "I should have just pulled the plug when we had the chance," he suddenly murmured which caught me off guard.

"Are you seriously hearing yourself right now, Mycroft? " I asked him in disbelief. I'm just shocked with what I just heard him say.

"You know I'm right, Sherlock. It would have been better if she just died after Eurus' first attack. We wouldn't have this problem now if that's the case! We already have so many things on our hands and ---

"You know, out of ALL the things you could say in your lifetime...that's the least thing I expected you to say. Mycroft, you've always been the one who won't just give up on Y/N. How could you just say that now?" I asked, getting frustrated at him.

"That's the point, Sherlock! I'm trying so HARD not to give up on her, but now I know it'll just go in vain. I've ruined her life by dragging her into this, all this was my fault. The guilt is seeping through my veins right now! By now she'll be better off dead. She can't even remember us, how can she even remember how to fight back? Eurus will play with her like a pet! Like an experiment! Maybe she could even do something worse than what she did to you. It's over for her...I should have just completely made it over for her. I was foolish to think that she can still live peacefully after what I've dragged her into, " Mycroft said, finally showing his emotions.

Again, I only see him like this rarely. If I'm already a sociopath, Mycroft is worse than I am. It's such a rare sight for him to show frustration.

"Yes, brother, you're the foolish one but not for the reason you stated. You're foolish for thinking that it's over for her. Did you forget that she's a Holmes? And did you also forget what we're good at? We always find a way. It's not over yet," I told him. Mycroft stared at me coldly and gave me a forced smile.

"Sherlock, I appreciate the enthusiasm, but trust me, prepare for the worse..." he told me, "Out of all of us, she's really the one who's easy to break,"

It's like all of a sudden, our ideals towards Y/N was reversed. Back then I'm always the one believing that Y/N wouldn't last long in our world because she's often careless, she always seek this kind of situation and putting herself in danger. I was always ready to hear that she met her end because of what she's doing. On the other hand, Mycroft would always point that Y/N could handle everything. He's always supporting her, but that's not the case right now.