imagine Charlie Puth

Imagine Charlie Puth is your childhood best friend and he has developed feelings.

------

Charlie's P.O.V

This had to have been the billionth time I've watched (Y/N) pace around the floor. I rolled my eyes. Her date was supposed to be here an hour and a half ago. It was technically her boyfriend. But this was the fourth time this week he stood her up. She sighed. "Charlie I don't know what to do. I keep giving him chances, hoping he'll be a good guy. Y'know?" I nodded, still brooding in anger. Why doesn't she just date me? Why doesn't she just date me...? I jumped up, putting her little sister on the floor. "I have an idea." She looked at me. "Let me take you on a date. You're already dressed up. Let me show you how you should be treated." I smiled at my brilliance. (Y/N) blinked at me a few times before she groggily said "I'm down." YES. "Where are we gonna go?" She asked. "I know the perfect place. You wait in the car while I get dressed." She looked at the onesy I was wearing. "Ok..." She called her mom to come take care of her sister.
Thirty minutes later I get out to the car with a basket and dressed for a date.

"I almost thought you had stood me up too." (Y/N) said when I got in the driver's seat. I blushed and scoffed. "I'd never do that to you. Although I didn't anticipate how long that would take me." She laughed her sweet angelic laugh. "You're worse then a woman!" I rolled my eyes. She apparently hadn't seen the basket.
I drove to the nearby beach and parked. (Y/N) looked at me. "What are we doing?" She smiled. "Picnic!" I grabbed the basket out of the trunk. "Awwww is that what took you so long?" I nodded. "Well I'm sorry if I offended you earlier then-" I stopped her. "No no, it made me happy because you didn't see it so I could surprise you!" I pulled her to the beach. (After we removed our shoes and left them in the car.) I laid out the blanket and put the basket down. "Maybe it's a little cheesy but I made the quickest thing- sandwiches." I cringed at myself. (Y/N), however, smiled.  "You're too adorable for your own good." I blushed deeply. "Sit down here and eat with me!" I wailed impatiently. "Ok! Ok!"  She giggled as she sat down next to me the sun was just going down over the ocean and we bit into our peanut butter sandwiches. But I wasn't watching it set. I was watching (Y/N). She sighed a content sigh. As she brought out her phone. "Take a picture with me?" She asked. "Course!" I smiled at she took the selfie. She started violently typing. "What are you doing now?" I asked. "Breaking up with Max. I've already found someone else."  I'm sure if anyone else were around they would have heard my heart screeching to a stop. "Who?" I asked. She showed me the message to Max, it said

"Max, I have decided that I'm done giving you chances. I deserve more. I've found what I deserve."

Then the selfie of us.
I rolled onto my back.
"Charlie..?" She tilted her head at me.
I took a deep breath in.
"YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!" I screamed untill my lungs couldn't take anymore.
She started laughing. "How long have you been sitting there, staring at me like that, and I had no idea?" She asked. "Too long." I touched her cheek. "wayyy too long." She smiled, placing a hand on my chest.
I leaned in
She leaned in
Untill finally our lips connected.
I smiled.

Finally.
As we parted I started singing.

"I'm only one, call away. I'll be there to save the, day. Superman got no-thing on me. I'm only one, call away. Call me baby if you need a friend. I just wanna give you love. Come on, come on, come on. Reaching out to you so take a chance. No matter where you go, you know you're not alone I'm only one call away, I'll be there to save the day. Superman got no-thing on me. I'm only one call away. And when your weak, I'll be strong. I'm gonna keep hol-ding on. Now don't you worry won't be long. When you feel like hope is gone just run into my arms, I'm only one call away. I'll be there to save the day. SUPERMAN GOT NOTHING ON ME! I'm only one call away. I'm only one, call away."

She smiled and laid on my chest. "You should produce that."

So I did.