Peter Hayes x Amity Reader

It had only been a few months since the four fugitives had come to Amity in search of refuge from Jeanine, and Joanna had given y/n the duty of caring for them, but y/n being a gentle soul, had already made a bond with each of them. To Caleb, she was his best friend. To Four, a little sister. To Tris, a mom friend, someone to vent to, and to Peter, well, Peter wasn't really sure what she was to him. He liked her smile, and her hair. He thought her laugher was more angelic then anything he had ever heard. And she was the only one he felt like he could trust. Completely. No wall. No guard. He even caught himself genuinely smiling around her. It didn't matter who the company was, when she was there, he felt safe. Like there was no reason to hide his emotions. Or need to be the best or strongest. He could truthfully just be himself...

_____________________________

Four cautiously walked up to Peter, and glanced at his clothes. "Ehem." He pretended to clear his throat. "Oh hey Four." Peter said, waving a little, after turning to face the muscular man. "What are you doing...?" Four asked, trying to not seem so.... Weirded out by Peter's behavior lately. "I'm waiting on Y/N." "You're wearing a... Hat." Four blinked. "I know, isn't it great?" Peter smiled, taking the straw hat off his head and turning it so Four could see all sides of it. "Yeah... Its great..." Four's eyes were wide with concern. "Four, Peter, good evening to you both." Y/N smiled walking up to the two. "Hey y/n..." Four waved, feeling a bit awkward. "Y/N, what do you think?" Peter put the hat back on and spun around for her. She clapped her hands in a round of applause. "Fashion statement for sure!" She giggled, causing Peter to smile. "Well I have to ... Go help Tris... With that... Thing. I'll catch you two later..." Four said, walking off. "He sure has been acting weird lately." Peter said shaking his head. "I think he thinks that about you too." Y/N laughed. "What do you mean?" Peter said. "Well Peter, when I first met you, you seemed a bit... Hostile. But now you're so laid back, sweet, charming... I think hes wondering what I've done with the real Peter." "What makes him think this isn't the real me?" The dauntless boy looked hurt. "Well, no one will know untill you do, Peter." He nodded. "Yeah that makes sense." He said smiling. "So, you still up for horse riding?" She poked his side. "Of course I am. Why wouldn't I be?" "I was just asking." Y/N laughed, taking his hand. "Come on then" her eyes seemed to sparkle. Or so, it seemed to Peter. The curls of her (h/c) hair floated in the wind, and the moon was not nearly as white as her smile. And that's when it hit him. That's the moment he realized, that he had fallen in love.

_____________________________

"Y/N" Peter whispered in her ear, after he had climbed up the other side of the corral, causing Y/n to jump , seeing as all he told her was to close her eyes. "Sorry." He laughed, turning her around to face him. "I just wanted to say, that you look... Gorgeous tonight." His eyes fixed on hers, he placed a hand on her shoulder. "Aww" Peter didn't care how cheesy it was, he could help it. "I mean, really, just, the world hasn't even come up with a word for how stunning you look right now." "Peter ... If I didn't know any better, I'd think you were flirting with me." She pushed his hat up so she could see his face better. "Then maybe, you don't know anything..." "What do you mean?" "I mean I am flirting with you."

"Nope. Not happening." She pushed him off the corral and walked back to her room.
The end

Kidding

"Are you drunk?" She laughed. "No." "You must be to be flirting with me, I mean have you seen any of the other girls here they-" "no I haven't. I only have eyes for you." He smiled, as he stated the honest truth. "Peter you're waaay out my league..." Her cheeks began to redden, and she looked at the ground. "Hey, hey, hey. Look at me." He brought her chin up. "I don't ever want to hear those words come out of your adorable little mouth ever again." "Bu-" he stopped her by putting his lips on hers. For what seemed like hours they stayed like this, lips interlocked, moving in sync with each other, untill they hear the voice of Four, cutting through the silence. "I have to say that was the most cliché thing, I have ever seen." He pressed his lips together, blinking a few times at the pair. "well... Uh. You... You make a cute couple." He shook his head, and face palmed before walking off without another word. Peter turned back to the Amity girl, and laughed. She did too, placing their foreheads together. "Y/N Y/L/N. I swear this to you, one day, you'll be my wife." She placed a gentle hand on his cheek. "Peter Hayes, I swear to you, you are my one and only, forever and always."

(Shorter then others but I think it's cute lmk what you think in the comments please 💖)