Next Generation of Harry Potter

(This will most likely be a continuous imagine. Writing this After watching the movies, and having a dream.
Imagine if after Dumbledore died that Hagrid became headmaster, and Harry became professor of the dark arts. The story begins in 5th year.)

Grace hurried down the halls of Hogwarts her Slytherin robes flying in the breeze she was creating. She pushed open the set of doors, just in time to see Marcus Malfoy,  or Mark as Grace called him, putting her name into the Triwizard cup. "MALFOY NO!!!" They had talked several times about this, she told him she didn't want to compete, but he kept trying to convince her that she was more then ready. Marcus let the paper fall as he looked into her eyes. "NO!!" She cried, running to him. Her eyes filled with tears she punched his arm. "You know it don't want to do this." Her voice barely a whisper. "Longbottom, I believe in you. And I know you won't see what I do untill you do this." He pulled her close and let her sob. She had been the subject of most bullying since their first year. He thought back to the first day they met.

"Where should we put you? Longbottom eh? Daughter of Neville, and Luna Lovegood? You've got a good heart... Yes. But quite a bit of spunk." The sorting hat chucked. "I would put you in Hufflepuff, but you'd be too underestimated." Young Grace took a large swallow. "Better be Slytherin!!!" She for some reason seemed a bit relieved, as she walked to her newly named house. "Come sit here!" Marcus waved her over. "Thanks." She smiled sweetly. "Marcus Malfoy." He held out his hand. "Grace Longbottom." She shook it. "Pleasure to meet you." "Malfoy!" Another Slytherin shouted from across the table. "What are you doing? Talking to this idiot child of Luna Lovegood and Neville Longbottom?" "What are you doing making assumptions Reese? Shes not even been here a day. You don't know what or who she is yet. But I think by now the rest of us can tell you're a bloody git aren't you?" Which sent the table into a fit of laughter, and left Grace looking up at her newfound protector in awe. "Thank you." She said. He nodded and pulled her towards him a bit more. "You're safe with me Longbottom."

"Grace you know very well I would never do anything to hurt you. Not purposely." She still stood their sobbing. "I know." "I'm only doing what I think is best." He was now struggling to keep his own tears at bay. Knowing that she was so distraught. "Malfoy what did you do to her now??!" Albus Severus Potter spoke from the rooms entrance. This is where Grace spoke up, walking up to Harry's son, and pushing him a little. "Why don't you just mind your own business Potter? Did you forget? There's a reason the sorting hat puts us in the houses were in. I may have a kind heart, and I may seem innocent but by George I can sure take care of myself!! And for the last bloody time, Marcus would never hurt me!" "Albus." Mary, Ronald and Hermione Weasley's daughter spoke. "Lets just go." He nodded and the cousins walked off leaving the two friends alone again. "Its odd. Isn't it?" Marcus sat down on the floor. "What's that?" Grace joined him. "How our parents used to be enemies. And now we're friends, with no encouragement from them, might I add. And your parents, Potters, and Weasley's we're best friends. And now, I wouldn't call you enemies but you sure don't get along very well." Grace smiled. "Well I suppose we're not our parents, that's all." She playfully shoved him with her shoulder. "Come on then, we'll miss our diner." He stood up and held out a hand for her.

They walked to the great hall together, before taking their seats. "Mark?" "Mm?" He looked at her with his mouth full of food. "What happens if my name is drawn?" She looked at him fearfully. "Well," he swallowed before finishing. "You'll compete, with your loyal friend by your side and or cheering you on, untill you win the cup and claim your eternal glory, and finally see yourself like I see you." "And how is that?" She propped her chin on her hand. "The most powerful witch of all time." He said nonchalantly. "Oh so you're admitting that you're delirious?" He choked his pumpkin juice. "Hey!!!!" He said, obviously offended. She laughed. "You're gonna pay for that!" "Oh no you sound like your father!" She gasped playfully. "Ohhhh no you didn't!!" He grabbed her waist and tickled her, sending her into a fit of giggles. "No! Stop!" She tried to wiggle herself away. "Oh no, you're not getting away that easily." Mark grabbed her face and pressed his lips against her ear before blowing in it, causing her to laugh and swat at him. "Ahem." The two looked up to realize the whole hall was now staring at them. Turning Grace's face into a bright red, and causing Marcus to laugh nervously looking up at their  dark arts professor, Harry Potter, who was the one to get their attention. "If you two don't mind let's leave the horse play for the common room, so that the rest of us may eat in peace without an upset stomach." Marcus cleared his throat. "Of course Professor, it won't happen again." Potter walked off and the rest of the hall went back to eating. "Marcus I feel like I'm going to faint." Grace was never much one for public speaking, or humiliation. "Come on, to the common room we go." He picked her up, bridal style. "Ooo, Malfoy, plan on snogging her in the common room eh?" Reese snickered. "She's clearly passed out, so just shut up Reese." "Or what?" "Or my father will hear about it this." Reese stopped laughing and sat back down in his seat. "My hero." Grace smiled only half conscience. Marcus smiled back at her, keeping her tightly in his arms. "My princess."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Grace and Mark were anxiously awaiting to hear who Hogwart's Triwizard champion would be. "Ms. Grace Longbottom." Hagrid announced. Marcus smiled, and hugged her before she went to stand with the others. Her perspective had changed a bit, but she wasn't any less scared. The rest of the schools clapped and cheered, as the three champions followed Hagrid to his office. "Grace, I didn't expect you to put your name in the cup." The professor looked concerned. "I didn't. Marcus did. He thinks that I'll win. I don't have that much faith in myself though." He smiled at her. "Just think of how proud your parents will be." "Or terrified." He laughed. "Oh, undoubtedly. The Triwizard tournament is not too be taken lightly, young Grace. But as far as your abilities, I stand with Marcus. He sees the same thing every other student and professor does. Why, even the sorting hat knows you're destined for greatness." He patted her shoulders in reassurance. "You'll do just fine. Don't worry. " She nodded, giving him a small smile. "Now," his voice grew louder. "Be prepared to be bombarded with questions from the quibbler, and other newspapers." They nodded. "And keep an opened mind. Now off with you all, go celebrate your chance for eternal glory."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Well you got what you wanted. If I die I sure hope you hate yourself." Grace's face showed no emotion, and her voice monotone. Marcus sat beside her and gave her a kiss on the cheek. "You won't die. I won't let you." "Only so that you don't hate yourself." She sighed. He poked her ribs. "Now you should know better then that." "Yeah yeah" He hugged her from behind resting his chin on her shoulder. "If I didn't think you could do this, I never would have put your name in the cup." She put a hand against his cheek. "Just promise you'll help me figure the clues out ... Will you? Your IQ is much higher then mine." He laughed. "Ah, so I'm the brains your the brawn?" "This was a question?" She pulled away to face him. He doubled over, cackling. "I don't understand how anyone doesn't like being around you." She poked him. "It couldn't be my best friend being overprotective or anything." "Oh definitely not." "Alright you. Let's get you ready for the first trial." She nodded.

(That's all for now lmk if y'all want more 😅)