next generation hp part 2

Grace wasn't very excited for the first trial. She was the last to go against the Griffin, who protected the egg containing the clue she needed to prepare herself for the next trial. She sighed trying to calm herself. "Last, but certainly not least..." She heard Professor Hagrid's voice. "Ms. Grace Longbottom." She walked out waving to the crowd. She could see her mother and father, waving back. A faint "That's my girl! That's my baby girl!" Could be heard coming out of her father's mouth, causing her to smile. "Good luck Ms. Longbottom." Hagrid smiled. She nodded, walking out further, noticing that the storm above was getting heavier. The Griffin was mad. Great. A wand. That's all she was allowed in order to fight a Griffin. No wonder the last guy got fried with lightening. She raised her wand, before speaking the enchantment to make herself invisible. Trying to clear her mind of anything that might seem threatening to the large creature above. As she moved closer, the storm lowered, she could tell that she was fooling the beast. Smiling, as she grabbed the egg, she replaced it with a fake, and placed a charm over it, hoping the Griffin would fall for it. She walked up towards Hagrid, before removing the enchantments and revealing herself, causing the crowds to go wild. "YES! SHES DONE IT!!!" Hagrid's voice boomed. "Grace Longbottom moves on to the next phase!" Grace smiled, turning to find Marcus, Neville and Luna walking towards her. "That was a-mazing!!" Marcus laughed. "That was bloody brilliant!" Her father smiled picking her up and spinning her around.  "The sorting hat picked well my daughter. Very cunning indeed!" Luna kissed Grace's cheek. "I'm so proud." Grace smiled thanking them all for their support. "What do you say we get cracking on that egg?" Marcus laughed at Neville's dad joke, while Grace and Luna both shook their heads. "Get it? The clues in an e- oh never mind." He huffed before picking Grace up again. "Make way for the greatest witch in Slytherin!!!" He shouted causing his daughter to blush. "Daaaaaadd..." "What? You expect me not to brag?" "Yeeesssss" "MAKE WAY, ITS MY BEST FRIEND SHES IN THE TRIWIZARD CHAMPION CUP TRAILS I TOTALLY GOT HER TO DO IT AND SHES BLOODY AMAZING AT IT!!" Marcus screamed. "MARCUS DRACO MALFOY SHUT YOUR BLOODY MOUTH!!!" She screamed back. "SHE LOVES ME, IM HER BEST FRIEND EVEN THOUGH SHE WONT ADMIT IT RIGHT NOW!!!" This causes Luna to laugh. "When are you two going to get married?" She asked softly. Marcus stopped in his tracks. "Married???? You want me dead don't you?" "Mum!" "I think you'd make the cutest couple!" Luna defended herself. "I can't wait to see my grandchildren." Neville laughed, nudging his daughter. "It's official. I hate all of you." Marcus pretended to shiver. "Yuck, I don't even want to think about it but now it's in my head and it doesn't look wrong-" he said. "Yes it does." "Nah, I mean, try to imagine it." Grace closed her eyes. The picture was vivid in her mind. He was right. It didn't look wrong. She tried to shake it away, but deep down she knew, that she had feelings for her best friend. But this wasn't the time to think about it. Seeing as though in the next year she could be dead. Or at least, thats the excuse she came up with to help her sleep better at night.

                        ***

"No just think about it though." Marcus put his hands out in front of him to emphasize his next words. "Grace Malfoy." He smiled as she sat their blushing. "It's got a nice ring to it, I think you parents might be on to something." He tapped his chin in thought. "Plus, you know, your parents actually like me. Not many other girls parents do." She scoffed before smacking him. "oh so I'm a last resort I see?" She folded her arms and huffed. "Hmm, no. You're jealous I see?" Her eyes widened, and she stuttered. "No, i-im just frustrated, that you would... Even say anything about... Anyone else.... If you really.. really.... You know... If you actually cared about me." She rubbed her arms in insecurity. Marcus rolled his eyes. "Wow, you can't take sarcasm very well can you?" She looked back at him to find a smile on his face again. "Are you so blind that you can't see how much I care about you?" "Well, no... I- I mean... I just. ... I thought ... It- well." She sighed. She hated being such a Slytherpuff. She could be so cunning, but she could also be so awkward and shy. "You thought it was just as a friend." She nodded. "See, aren't you glad I know you so well? I practically hear what you're thinking." She rolled her eyes at him. "You care about me too, you know." "I do, do I?" She looked at him. "Oh yeah, when you go to bed at night, you can't help but think about me. And how warm and comfortable you'd be if we were laying there cuddling. And when you go looking through photographs of us, you imagine us as adults, and our children standing in front of us." "Oh?" "Mhm, Two girls, Summer and Autumn." Her eyes widened again, realizing that she had thought of this picture before. "Do you actually read my mind????" She gasped. "Nah, I just know you well enough." "But- Summer and Autumn are-" "Your favorite female names. Yes, we talked about your future children First Year. Don't you remember?" "No I don't remember telling you anything about that!!" "You did." He laughed. "But, but you remembered???" She asked. "Always the tone of surprise." He shook his head, acting offended. "Wait... How long have you.... Cared about me?" "I believe the word you're looking for is "loved", and I guess since first year. I just didn't realize it." "Yeah other wise you wouldn't have dated little Ms. Priss." "Her name was Penelope." He laughed. "Oh, Antelope. Got it." He smiled and shook his head at her. "Gee you get jealous easily." He hugged her from behind. "I can't he-" "Don't worry, Grace. It makes me know, without a doubt that you love me back." She smiled. "Yeah yeah sure." He poked her sides, causing her to squeak and turn around towards him. "What?" She asked. "Close your eyes." "Close my eyes?" She repeated. "Yes." He chuckled. She sighed, and closed them. He put his hand on her cheek. Her heart began to flutter, and she was pretty sure she stopped breathing. He then placed his lips against hers. She thought for sure she'd melt right there. Heated, and passionate, yet gentle and caring, the kiss went on for a few moments before Marcus pulled away for air. "You can't seriously deny it after that." She sighed playfully. "Fine .... I love you Marcus Malfoy." "Yes. Yes you do." She normally, would have slapped him, which is what he expected. Instead she pulled him towards her and kissed him again, smiling from ear to ear. She no longer cared about the trials, or the rumors, or the teasing they might receive. She knew that this felt right, and that was all that mattered.

                       ***
               1 year later

It had been a while since Grace had won the Triwizard cup. Eternal glory wasn't so important to her. But she now knew just exactly what she was capable of. This was her last year at Hogwarts. And it was hard for her to believe. Life was moving faster then she expected. She and Marcus had been together for a while, and both of their parents (surprisingly) were thrilled. Even Draco was looking forward to the young couples future.

"Guess who?" Grace was shaken out of her thoughts by a pair of hands over her eyes. "Marcus, the longer you stand their with your hands over my eyes, the longer it will be before I can kiss you hello." She laughed. "Oh, good point." You could hear the 'mwah' as he pecked her lips. "What are you doing?" He asked, looking around the common rooms empty hall. "Thinking." "About our wedding...? Or the children. That's a good thing to think about too. You know I'm starting to want two girls and  a boy. Thinking I could name him after your dad." She smiled, getting up to sit in his lap. "Yes and no. I was thinking about us. How it's our last year here at Hogwarts." He sighed. "You had to remind me. What will I do without homework?!" He acted scared and sad. "Oh ha-ha." She rolled her eyes. "Where do you think we'll be after this?" "Um, at our homes, relaxing?" "No, I mean you and I." He nodded. "I think, we'll be one step closer to getting married. Having those three children. A dog maybe. Oh! Or a dragon. You know, just putting that out there. And being extremely happy for the rest of our lives." "You've got this all planned out huh?" She smiled. "Just dreamed out. Very vividly." He wiggled his eyebrows. "Marcus!" "What??!" He defended himself. "You're so~" she tried to seem mad. But you could see her smiling. "Oh, my darling, lovely, beautiful girlfriend. You're so adorable when you try to be mad at me." She rolled her eyes again.
"You two, are almost sickening." Draco smiled as he and Pansy walked in. "Dad!" Grace stood up,giving them both a hug, allowing Marcus to do the same. "What are you doing here?" Marcus asked. "Well, I asked Mr.Potter if we could come in to see you. We have news, that we'd prefer to deliver personally." He smiled. "Whats that?" Pansy laughed. "We bought you a house!" "I was going to tell him!" Draco acts annoyed, as Pansy waved her hands in his face dismissing him. "Wow! Thank you Mum, and Dad of course." Marcus smiled. "Congrats babe." Grace kissed his cheek. "See this is why I wanted to tell the-" Pasny interrupted her husband. "It's for both of you my dear." "Both of us?" "Whenever you're ready for it." Draco put a hand on Marcus' shoulder. "We've already got a nursery set up and everything!" Pansy smiled. "Again, whenever you're both ready." Draco emphasize. "Goodness Pansy, go on and scare them why don't you?" Marcus laughed. "Thank you both." Grace nodded, taking his arm. "Yes, thanks you, we are beyond grateful." "I just can't wait to see my grandchildren." Pansy's voice cracked as she tried to hold back her tears. "Okay, why don't you go find Ginny, and go talk with her? See how the Quaddich teams are looking this year?" Draco patted his wife's shoulder, who nodded walking out. He shook his head and pinched the bridge of his nose. "I want you both to know, no one can force you to do anything you're not ready for." Grace smiled. "thank you sir. I appreciate you reminding us." She thought it was amazing that Draco was the opposite of his father. Knowing what he had been through, Grace knew it had to be hard on him to have been raise in such a way. And even harder to raise his own son the completely opposite way. She had a lot of respect for him. So did her parents.

Cliff hanger ha