Chapter 8

Y/N POV:
I wake up early with Wanda in my arms having not moved from the comfortable position we'd assembled the night before. Lying her down gently I find some paper writing a note for her to read.

I've gone to check on Jord. I really enjoyed spending time with you last night and I'm looking forward to our date. Knock for me when you go for breakfast?
Y/N X

Opening the door I see Jord still in the same position as the night before passed out in a pool of his own drool. That boy is changing the sheets. I grab some clothes and get in the shower making as much noise as possible to get his lazy ass up. Sitting down I plug in my hairdryer and put it on full power. Jord wakes up startled.
"What where am I?"
"You're in my bed you moron. Thanks for taking the whole thing up I had to go and stay somewhere else."
"If it was so bad why are you smiling like that. You stayed with Wanda didn't you," he said smirking. I blushed turned around and continued to dry my hair. In the mirror I could see Jord behind me sorting out the sheets and jumping in the shower. When he was fully ready we waited for the knock from Wanda.
"While we're waiting I actually have something for you." I look at him confused. From my wardrobe he reveals a box he had hidden.
"It's from Mum and Dad they got you a care package for while you're hear. It's got all your favourite things in it. There's also a letter inside. Read it first." I can feel myself welling up as I started to read.

Dear Y/N,
We hope you're enjoying your new job. We miss you lots. When you get time and you come home we'd like to talk to you about whether you'd like us to adopt you. There's absolutely no pressure but we feel like you're part of our family and would like to make it official.
All our Love,
Phil and Jen x

Inside the box there were all my favourite snacks and treats. There was also my favourite football inside. My biological parents were originally from England so I was brought up on English Football. There was also the brand new kit for the season in the box. I didn't care about any of it just the letter.

"Are they serious?" I ask Jord.
"100%" I break down in tears I couldn't believe it I was going to have parents who loved me no matter what. I hear a knock on the door wiping my eyes. I open it.
"Hey you ready? Are you ok?" She asks taking my hand in hers.
"Yeah I'm fine. Jord's parents just asked to adopt me I got very emotional. That's something I need to talk to you about. I think I make a lot more sense after that." She smiles and takes my arm with Jord walking ahead of us to get some breakfast. I couldn't understand how he was so bright and cheery at this time. Before we go to the room she lets go of my arm to keep us private which I understood.

We all sit down for breakfast everyone was talking away but quietly as we'd all had too much to drink except Peter and MJ because of the blip they were still underage. When Carol and Monica arrived I felt Jord sit up. Oh no what's he going to say. They sat down next to us and said 'good morning'.
"So Carol what's with the lesbian hair cut?" I spit out my water all over Bucky who was sat opposite me. Everyone broke out laughing. I was so embarrassed I went bright red.
"It's cause I like women." Monica was now just as embarrassed as me.
"Me too," I hear Thor say which made everyone laugh even harder.

In the afternoon all the guests started to say goodbye. Carol was sticking around for a bit to keep getting to know Monica but everyone else left.
"Jord give this letter to your Mum and Dad," I hand him the letter which read:

Dear Phil and Jen,
It would be a honour to have you as parents. I will be home in two weeks once my training is over. I cannot wait to have a proper family with parents who love me.
Thank you for saving me,
Y/N x

I hug Jord goodbye and watch him drive into the distance. Wanda comes over to check on me. I'm a mess of emotions. We decide to take a walk out to the bench.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Wanda asks looking into my eyes.
"Yeah. When I was 15 my girlfriend at the time out of nowhere broke up with me saying it was all an act and she wasn't like me. She went downstairs and outed me to my parents. They kicked me out. I had a bag of things and I left. I ran and ran until I got to Jord's house. His family took me in as one of their own. That year I was taken by Hydra. The time I was gone my parents didn't even try to look for me. I felt so fortunate I had them and that we all disappeared in the snap I couldn't have lived without them. I had no one nothing else. Until now." She brings out a tissue from her pocket wiping my tears away as I had done for her.
"Thank you for opening up to me. No matter what happens with us I will always be there for you." And I knew she meant it. I could trust her.
"How about tomorrow evening I take you on that date?" She nods.
"We've got to stop using this bench for sad moments. We need to make happy memories," she says.
"We will. Trust me".
"I do. Completely." We sit on the bench cuddled together for what seems like hours. I had never been happier. And I couldn't wait for our date.