Chapter 21

Wanda's POV:
It was nice to spend a few days away from HQ. Y/N's family were so welcoming making me feel completely at home. I think she was slightly jealous of the amount of time Jord and I got together so was dying for us to come back. Y/N had this new strength she wanted to show off too. I think her favourite thing to do was show the lads up.

Today will be our first day back at training since Wakanda. I was nervous. I didn't just keep myself locked away cause I missed Y/N. My powers were starting to become out of control. Sometimes I'd wake up from a nightmare with smashed windows or red eyes with my powers working without my say. My hope that with Y/N back I'd have more control but I needed to address the amount of input my emotions had on my powers. Y/N had come back a more centred person maybe she could teach me a few things. There was a calm about her now. I thought when she came back there would be times when she'd be upset about Hydra but instead she was rational and almost grateful as it took away her 'dark twisty side' as she liked to refer to it.

As we approached the training room I started to feel nervous. Y/N sensed that she took my hand and kissed me on the cheek.
"You ready babe?" She asks.
"As I'll ever be."
Sam told Y/N we needed to reassess her. All we knew was that Hydra had injected her with a drug making her stronger but we weren't sure if she had developed anything else. I started my assessment of her powers. She could still levitate objects and I knew her ability to read my mind still worked. We used it a lot when we were at her families house.
"Alright Y/L/N I'm done with you time for you to kick Bucky's ass," I said to my beautiful girlfriend giving her a kiss.

Y/N POV:
The next part of my assessment was to fight Bucky. I knew I had gotten stronger so I decided to use a combination of strength and intelligence. He swung the first punch I grabbed his fist turned his arm around pinned it behind his back kicked his knee so he was on the floor. I knelt on the back of his legs keeping him pinned to the ground. He tapped out. That didn't require as much intelligence as I thought it would.
"Shit Y/L/N where did that come from?" I just shrugged as I got off him. Hurting Bucky was not something I wanted to do so I was glad the assessment was through quickly. I knew he had been good to Wanda answering any questions she had on Wakanda and their ways of healing.
"See the punching bag there I want you to hit it a couple of times before landing your most powerful punch. Just to try something," Bucky said. I nodded heading over to the punching bag.

I took a deep breath. Ok right jab, left jab. Right hook, left hook. Right upper cut, left upper cut. Now to hit it as hard as possible. I took a deep breath punching through the bag with as much power as I had in me. Hitting the bag as hard as I could, I watch in disbelief as it flew across the room bouncing off the wall.
"Holy shit," Peter said.
"Language," Bucky quipped. I just saw Wanda shaking her head at me smiling.
*that was hot* she thought. I winked at her.
"Bucky I was thinking maybe we get her to run laps at full speed see if her stamina has improved," Sam suggests. Bucky nods so I follow Sam outside as Wanda continues to work with Monica and Peter works with Bucky. When instructed to I ran at top speed I manage to hit it a lot quicker. Usually after 2 minutes I had to stop. This time I managed to hit 5 minutes at top speed. I was like a machine. Just then I hear a loud noise looking up to see a bright yellow light heading towards us Carol was here.

We head inside to the kitchen to have some lunch. I keep looking at Carol's new hair and start to laugh.
"What's so funny Y/L/N?" She asks.
"Nothing I like the new hair. Just one question how does Valkyrie like it?" She was mid drink and sprayed water all over Bucky. Everyone started to laugh.
"Why does this keep happening?" Bucky moaned drying himself off. Carol looked at me sideways.
"How did you know?" Carol asked.
"I have my ways," I said eating my lunch. Peter went on to explain to Carol in great detail how I had worked out that she was dating Valkyrie. She seemed impressed.

We decided to spend this evening in the cabin. Wanda and I hadn't had a lot of alone time since I got back. We had just our first night together. When we were at my family's Jord took up a lot of Wanda's time and it was annoying as hell. I think the change of scenery was good for Wanda. She'd be stuck inside a lot while I was away.

We were lying in bed watching a film well she was I was just looking at her. While I was away I started to forget her face. I wanted to know every freckle and laughter line in case I was without her again.
"You're staring again," she said looking up from my chest.
"I was admiring my goddess of a girlfriend actually." She laughed rolling her eyes at my cheesiness.
"It's nice to spend some quality time together. I've missed this. Lying here with you doing nothing," Wanda says.
"I've just realised it's my turn to plan a date," I say.
"That'll be nice." She rolled over kissing me it wasn't soft but needy. Wanda grabbed the remote from the cabinet turning off the tv before turning her focus back to me. She started kissing down my neck leaving little bites. I smirked knowing what's coming next.
"How about we test some of that stamina?"