Chapter 24

Y/N POV:
I've been back for 2 months now with every mission seeming easier. We've been working non stop which was annoying as I hadn't been able to plan another date for Wanda and I. She didn't seem to mind our relationship and understanding of one another had never been so seamless. This was our first week off in ages and fell on our 6 month anniversary. I wanted it to be special so I booked a week away for us to Hawaii. All I wanted was to experience a holiday away as a normal couple. No powers. No drama. Just us. Fury impressed with my work hooked me up with a private jet. I'd booked us in for scuba diving and surfing lessons. I made sure to check which part of Hawaii was the most friendly for LGBTQIA+ people so we were going to stay in O'ahu.

As we approached the private jet Wanda's face lit up.
"How did you manage this?" she asks excitedly.
"Let's just say Fury's been impressed with our work recently and thinks we deserve a treat." When we get on the plane and see the interior we were both gobsmacked. I'd never really been on holiday before. This was like something out of a movie. We sat down and the flight attendant brought us a bottle of champagne to toast.
"To the perfect holiday with my perfect girlfriend," I say. She cheers' me and kisses me. We take a nap in each other's arms waiting to arrive in Hawaii

When we arrived we are given lays around our neck. We stay in an all inclusive resort with a beautiful view which run excursions a very normal couple thing to do. Our room was the biggest room I'd ever seen in my life it had everything anyone could need.
"You think we could just live here? Just disappear staying here forever?" I ask the beautiful woman stood in my arms looking out at the ocean.
"We'd both get bored but for a week it will be heavenly. Our dinner reservations aren't until 7 and we haven't got anything booked for the afternoon. What do you want to do?"
"I think I might just have an idea," I smirk lifting Wanda up as she wraps her legs around my waist kissing me lustfully.

For dinner we get dressed up. Wanda wears a beautiful black dress and I wear a Striped shirt with long shorts. The place was amazing. They had brilliant entertainment and made the most wonderful cocktails. The moonlight made Wanda's eyes glisten. I found myself just gazing into her eyes. That was when I knew she was it for me. If she's not the one I don't want anyone else. Thinking about her not being here with me made my heart ache.
"What you thinking about babe?" She asked.
"Just how I want to stay right here in this moment forever," I say truthfully.
"I love you."
"Te Quiero mucho mi amor," I reply making her smirk.
"You learnt Spanish?"
"I remember you saying once you loved the accent and the language so I learnt enough to get by," I explain.
"You amaze me more and more everyday Y/L/N." I take her hand watching the entertainment content, carefree and happy.

Around 10 they took us down to the beach for a camp fire. They had logs for us to sit on and s'mores for us to make. One of the entertainers Ori pulled out his ukulele singing 'Somewhere over the rainbow' it was really special. All I could do was gaze at Wanda thinking of how much I loved her. Maybe Carol was right I am a romantic sap.

Wanda's POV:
The first afternoon and evening of our holiday was beautiful. Looking at her, seeing how content and happy she was just felt amazing. She'd had a hard time of it up till now and so deserved every part of this happiness. It was great to feel like any other couple not having to worry about powers or anything like that. I honestly think we got the week off as every bad guy was scared of Y/N which was most pleasing to Fury hence the private jet. Having her pretty invincible self by myself made me feel safe.

We get up early for breakfast which was pretty hard we were both exhausted from the jet lag as well other things. There was something pretty comforting about eating breakfast watching the waves crash onto the shore. Y/N was excited for today she had booked us into surfing lessons. She told me once that the only good memories she had from her childhood, now tainted by her being kicked out, was surfing off the south coast of England with her biological father. I asked her last night why she finally felt ready to surf after all this time. Her response was just that she had no reason to reflect on the hurt anymore she has so much happiness in her life, here and now, so why worry about the past.

We head over to the hut for our surf appointment. The woman seemed nice she taught us the basics on the shore as to how to jump up on the board, the correct position you should take and which waves to select. Y/N looked like a kid in a candy shop she was so excited. We went out and sat on the boards floating on the ocean for a bit waiting for the right wave. It was very therapeutic. I was watching Y/N with that determined look on her face. She was so competitive it was one of the many things I loved about her. We saw this giant wave coming.
"You ready babe?" She asks
"As I'll ever be."