Chapter 20

Wanda's POV:
I woke up the next morning laying on Y/N's chest in the same position as the night before. That was the first full nights sleep I've had since she was taken. It felt good to be close to her again. I've craved her since the day she left. Her reaction to my surprise was exactly what I had hoped what I had needed. 3 months is an eternity to long for another person. I didn't want to move or wake her but I wanted to go and apologise to everyone for my actions while she was gone. Starting to get up I felt her move, I had woken her up.
"Morning beautiful. I'm just about to get in the shower and then I'm going to apologise," I said kissing her on the forehead. By the time I was dressed Y/N was up and had made breakfast for the both of us. She was so thoughtful. There was something about her that seemed different she was calm and in control. While I ate she got in the shower so I didn't have to face everyone alone.

When she was ready she kissed me spun me around and whisked me to the kitchen to face everyone. That's one thing I hadn't missed. When she sped away it made me feel sick. That was one of my favourite things about not having to sneak around anymore. She held my hand as we walked into the kitchen everyone was sat down eating but looked up as we entered.
"I'm sorry for being a moody bitch while this one was away. I know you were all trying to help. I'll try to make it up to you all," I say sincerely. They all just smile in acceptance. Y/N pulls out a chair for me to sit down on. And she sits next to me. I give her a kiss on the cheek.
"You've been back less than a day and PDA already," Sam says. Y/N levitates the jug of water on the table over Sam's head.
"Apologise or get soaked," she said.
"I'm sorry," Sam said reluctantly making the whole table laugh.

"So Monica what's Carol's hair like now?" Y/N asked. She doesn't change.
"It's longer actually. She says she's growing it out she's bored of the comments," Monica said.
"Or she's met someone. Let's be honest that's a fuckboi hair cut," Y/N said making Monica choke on her orange juice.
"Did you have any parties while we were gone? Anyone new come along?" She asked.
"Yeah actually Valkyrie she's the Queen of Asgard," Peter said.
"See there you go," Y/N says sipping her juice. How did she do that? She's suddenly so good at reading people. Everyone looked at her like she had three heads.
"Why's everyone looking at me like that?" She asks.
"How did you work that out from a haircut?" Bucky said.
"Women 101. A woman will change their hair for one of three reasons: cause they've recently become single; cause they're content in their relationship; cause it's too long. She only fits one of those categories. Relationship 101. She's been spending more time here it's not just for Wanda's moody ass and if she was really in space surely she wouldn't be able to babysit Wanda at a drop of a hat whenever you needed her to. Carol also wouldn't be trying to talk to Wanda so badly for any other reason. They have one thing in common liking Women. Sorry babe," she explained. We were all gobsmacked while she just finished her juice.
"You're incredible. Nat would've liked you. She would've been able to read that situation the way you just did," I said in awe of my emotionally intelligent girlfriend.

Y/N POV:
The next day Wanda and I decided it was a good idea to go and see my parents. Once I resumed training I'd be so busy I wouldn't have time. It would also mean that I didn't have any mystery bruises I couldn't explain. As we pulled up I just looked at my beautiful girlfriend.
"Why are you looking at me like that?" She asks.
"Because I love you and because you're so beautiful. I just like to take a minute sometimes to appreciate both of those things." Wanda starts to blush so I kiss her on the cheek. I get out of the car and open the door for Wanda. She took my hand walking to the front door.

As soon as my mum opened the door she tackled Wanda and I with a hug. Once she called Dad he joined in as well. Jord runs down the stairs hugging Wanda before me.
"Well I'm offended," I say refusing to hug Jordan after he prioritised my girlfriend.
"Will it help if I take your bags up to your room?" he asks. I nod.
"I actually have something I built for both of you. It's in the car hold on," I run out to the car bringing in the bench I had made and carved in Wakanda.
"This is amazing. I'm seriously impressed kiddo," Dad told me admiring the carvings.
"They sent me on a mindfulness course out in Wakanda. This sign here means family. And this one here means hope." I trace the carvings with my finger remembering the teachings of Wakanda's elders.

That evening we decided to go to our favourite local Italian restaurant. The owners knew us well. We had gone there since Jord and I were 8 or so. I was excited to take Wanda there. When I came out and my birth family kicked me out they gave me a job to earn enough money to get emancipated. I kept that job until I went to College I got in on an academic scholarship and studied Politics and International relations. I had just finished a years internship when Sam and Bucky found me.

When we arrive Mia runs straight over giving me a hug. She was the owner's wife.
"Y/N we've missed you. Is this the girlfriend your parents have been telling us about? E bella."
"I'm a very lucky girl," I said. As Wanda blushed at the compliments.
We never had to order they knew what we wanted. Wanda asked for what they recommended. They brought over bruschetta for all of us to start. It was just as delicious as I remember. For mains they brought us a selection of Pizza and pasta. We had no room for dessert as we were so stuffed. We thanked Mia and her husband Giuseppe grateful for the delicious food and wonderful service.

Just as we were about to leave the door opens and in walks my ex girlfriend. I start to tense up.
*What's wrong babe?* Wanda thinks.
*Its my ex that's her*
We head out to the car trying to avoid her.
"Y/N is that you?" I try to ignore her continuing to walk.
"That's not a nice way to treat an old friend," she says.
"You were never my friend and you know that. You were a scared teenager and I forgive you," I state hoping she'll leave us alone. Wanda comes over kissing me on the cheek.
"Come on babe let's go," Wanda says giving her the evils. My ex stands there in shock. I wasn't sure if it was at my hot goddess of a girlfriend or at my forgiveness I didn't care. I was happy. I had Wanda and a family now, no thanks to her.