Chapter 23

Wanda's POV:
Y/N really enjoyed her night. We were dancing into the late hours and it made me appreciate her even more. She told me I was her home. That was exactly what I had told her before I left her in Wakanda it's the note I held onto the most while I was gone. We enjoyed the weekend but Y/N got annoyed with Jordan third wheeling. Today was our first mission since Y/N got home. It was an easy mission just a matter of recovering some files that have got into the hands of hydra. I was nervous about being back on the field. My powers weren't in complete control yet. I was worried I would see one of the hydra agents that took Y/N and lose it. I didn't worry as much about Y/N's safety she was pretty invincible now. Watching her put the boys on their ass on a regular basis was incredibly sexy.

We met in the equipment room to go over the tasks. Sam pressed a button showing Fury as Danvers had returned to space on her own mission.
"Welcome back Maximoff and Y/L/N. Now today's mission is simple get the files bring them home and don't get captured Y/L/N," Fury said causing Y/N to roll her eyes. Sam threw us our suits. It felt nice to be back.
"Looking good Y/L/N," I whispered kissing her quickly.
*Feeling good Maximoff. I'm one lucky lady* she says winking.
"Can you two stop flirting so I can give you your tasks please?" Sam says.
*That's rich* Y/N thinks making me giggle.
"Alright so the files are being kept on a ship off the coast of Miami. Monica and I will land on top of the ship clearing it from the top down. Bucky and Peter will be on port duty. Y/L/N and Wanda will sweep from the bottom up the files should be in an office on the second level. Right let's kick some hydra butt," Sam says.

As we approach the ship on the jet I start to feel nervous. Y/N feels me tense up so takes my hand to reassure me.
"We've got this babe. Don't worry," she says. We land a mile away from the port so as not to alert Hydra. Monica and Sam land on the top of the ship. Y/N and I land on the bottom. Bucky and Peter took positions on the port. We took a deep breath then started to work our way through the bottom level of the ship. There were only a few mechanics in there which Y/N took out easily. As we went up a level the number of people we encountered increased. 4 different people jumped on Y/N at the same time. I knew she could handle it but I wanted to help.
"Hands off," I shouted before send them flying into the water.
"Ok that was hot," she said getting back to her feet. Making me roll my eyes before the next set of guys attacked us. Before they could even get near to me
Y/N had wiped them all out.
"I feel like I could pull up a chair and you wouldn't need any help," I said to her as she tore through the last few people on the level sending them flying overboard.
"You know me I love a good hype woman," she teased. There were no signs of the files on this level so we moved up to the next. That's when we came face to face with what I'd been dreading the guy who took Y/N.

Y/N POV:
"Hey dipshit Bruce Willis called and he wants his bald head back," I said throwing him through a door.
"You are alone," he said trying to get me to shift. I just stopped and smirked. He was confused.
"Sorry hun that doesn't work anymore. You may just be the shittest villain ever. I've actually got someone who wants to meet you," I said before letting my girlfriend at him. She manipulated metal into holding him down giving him an illusion of his greatest nightmares.
"Enjoy," Wanda says before we head off to find the files. We must've taken out about 20 different agents before we found the files in the bridge.
"We've got the files. Ready for evac," I say proudly.
"Rest of the levels are clear," Monica says.
"All agents dealt with who tried to escape. Peter's webbed them to the side of the ship," Bucky affirms.
"Great job Avengers. Let's go home." In that moment Wanda kissed me in sheer relief. We were safe we were going to be ok. As we disembarked Fury's people came to collect the agents to find out any more information on their agenda. We handed over the files to Maria Hill. She was a badass. Sam made sure to invite her to our next party.

Getting back on the jet and seeing everyone get through the mission without bruises or any injuries felt brilliant. Peter was speaking excitedly about all the bad guys he had taken down. We all listened tiredly to the great detail he went into. Wanda rested her head on my shoulder.
"I know you were nervous about the mission but you kicked some serious bald butt," I teased her. She kisses me on the cheek.
"You were a hero today. You made it look so easy. I think your trainings complete. I'm not sure what else I can teach you," she whispers gazing into my eyes. I kiss her gently.
*My love you teach me things everyday. I'm not talking about powers or any of that stuff necessarily. You teach me patience, kindness, love and hope by just being you* she smiles.
*I love you*
*I love you too*
"Not you two doing your telepathic PDA again," Sam says.
"Not you pretending that we don't see your normal PDA everyday. Mr not so subtle heart eyes for Monica," I quip back causing both of them to blush.
*See you've still got to teach me how to stop doing that* I think winking at her. Wanda will teach me things for the rest of my life and I couldn't wait.