Revealing past

Chapter 34

Author's POV

Arhaan was dumbstruck looking at a smiling Manya. She had changed her dress into a lehanga choli.

"You didn't wait for a few more minutes. I get little late because I wanted to wear lehanga on my engagement." She said smilingly and held his hand while motioned him to come with her. Arhaan unexpectedly looked at her face when khushi come towards him and touched his shoulder while saying, "Bhai you look at her some other time. You have a lots of time after marriage. Now come so we can start the ceremony."

Arhaan came out of his shock and nodded. Arjun came to Manya and hugged her.

"You took a great decision." He said and kissed her forehead while caressing her head lovingly. Manya smiled and said, "Thank you bhai, for loving me and accepting me as your sister. It's nothing infront of your love. I know you took the decision for my good and I will be happy to see all of you happy."

All blessed them and started the ceremony. Arhan's mother took the dupatta and covered Manya's head. Both family performed their rituals after which they exchanged the rings. All enjoyed the ceremony. The photographer took lots of photos. He asked the couple for a few poses. Arhaan and manya posed the way the photographer told them to do. They ate the lunch talking about the wedding dates and other functions. After that the Malhotra's bade bye to sehgals and went to their place.

In the evening Manya called Arhaan to meet her somewhere. Arhaan told her that tomorrow morning he will pick her up. Arhaan thought why Manya wanted to meet him.

Manya, for the first time wanted to tell her life's problems to Arhaan in a hope that after this he will accept her.

Next morning Arhaan got ready and left for sehgal mansion. After approval from Arjun Arhaan picked Manya and they went to a park. The park was far from the city, without any rush of people. They both settled on a bench, looking at the beautiful view of the park and enjoying the peaceful atmosphere.

"You sit here I'll just be back in a minute." Arhaan told Manya and went somewhere. In a few minutes he came back with two cold coffees in his hand. He gave the coffee to Manya and sat beside her.

"You know, Manya, I love this place. Whenever I want to be alone I come here. There is none to disturb you. It's quite far from the city. And I know you wanted to tell something very important to me so I thought why not we come to this place. You will feel comfortable to talk to me. I hope you don't mind." Said Arhaan and smiled.

Manya nodded and looked here and there. They stayed quiet for sometime. After a while Manya turned towards Arhaan and started telling him a part of her life.

"My real name is Manya Bedi. I was living with my parents and two siblings but I don't know why they hated me so much like I'm not their own blood. I was living with them like a servent." She said with teary eyes and pain in her voice.

"I was bearing all their hatred because of one person and that is..." She paused and said with little smile "my daddu. Who was the only person who loved me truly. I didn't want to commit sucide but all their hatred for me and their words that they used to say to me forced me to end my life." She said and paused and looked away from Arhaan who was listening to her very attentively while looking at her.

After composing herself she again started. "You know, I had decided to take my life but my destiny again saved me and I met papa, mumma and bhai. They saved me but I became a burden on them. They gave me happiness but I only gave them pain and tension." She said with hiccups and turned towards Arhaan. "You were right, and my family was right. I'm a bad omen who only brings tears and Ill fate."

Arhaan immediately picked Manya's hand. "No. What I told you that day was only in anger. That was not from my heart Manya. You're not any bad omen. You're an angel who brought so much of happiness to the sehgal family. And your family is a bad luck who didn't want an angel like you."

Arhaan kissed her hand. For sometime Manya felt so good but reality hit her again.

Remembering her past she took her hand and started again. "You know rajveer? He was my fiance. I was engaged to him for six months. And those six months were hell for me. He tortured me and no one listened to me about his behaviour. He took advantage of the hatred of my family towards me. He almost raped me but nobody believed me." She said and Arhaan looked at her, shocked.

"They forced me for the wedding with him but it's my bad luck or you say my good luck that I was saved from him. He didn't come at the venue and sent the message that he doesn't want to marry a girl like me who only brings bad luck for him. He called me characteless and all the bad things that one could remember and everyone started hating me even more. Now, do you still want to marry a girl like me?" Manya started crying while covering her face with her hands.

Arhaan held her by her shoulder and turned towards him and hugged her tightly while caressing her back while assuring her.

"Don't cry, please Manya. I can't see you crying, and yes, my answer is yes again and it will always be yes. I don't want anyone's statement for your character. I know you're a pure soul that God has given me. You know Manya, I started loving you after seeing how caring and loving you're, not because of what's your past. What you're now or before, you are mine now."

************************

Hey readers! I hope all of you're fine and safe.

So how's the chapter? I hope you all liked it. Tell me your views about it..

If you want next update soon so please support me. It encourages me to write. Don't be a silent reader yaar.

If you don't like my work do tell me also but please support. Give me some happiness to me by touching the star there👇.

Thank you for reading.