Promise me

Chapter 26

Arhaan's POV

Today I reached office early because whole night I didn't sleep well. Her crying and scared figure came infront of my eyes whenever I close my eyes to sleep. From early in the morning I couldn't wait more to see her fine. So I reached office a little early.

*

*

It's been nine thirty now, but she didn't come. Time passed quickly and even at ten thirty she didn't show up. Now I'm feeling restless.

Why didn't she come? Is she okay? I thought and first called Anvesha and asked about Manya's leave. She said Manya didn't send any application or email.

I nodded and told her to leave. Now I was worried for her. I instantly dialled her number but she didn't receive my call. I tried four times but no response from her.

"I hope she is fine. In an hour I have a meeting with Arjun, I'll ask him about her." I thought.

I reached Arjun's office and asked his assistant about Arjun so he told me he was not in the office today. "We tried to contact sir but we couldn't."

"Why didn't Arjun come to the office? I hope everything is fine." I prayed and left for Sehgal mansion to know about Manya.

When  entered into the mansion it was silent as if no one was there.  A maid opened the door and told me to come inside. I entered and asked her about Arjun. I wanted to know about Manya too but I asked for Arjun first.

"Where is Arjun? I want to meet him."

"Sir woh... Sab hospital Gaye hue hain. (They've gone to the hospital.)" She said.

Listening the word hospital I got worried. I asked her why they went to the hospital.

"Sir, last night Manya madam.." listening Manya's name my heart thumped with fear.

"What happened to her?" I asked.

"Sir last night they found madam unconscious in her room. So they immediately took her to the hospital." She said.

"Which hospital?" I asked her after composing myself.

"Sir Jivan hospital." She said.

I nodded and immediately left from there to the hospital. I reached there as soon as I could. I asked receptionist about the patient, Manya Sehgal. She told me she was in room no.135. I went to the third floor and found the room.

Whole of the Sehgal family was sitting outside the room. Deepika aunty was sitting with Amrita. Yahaira was sleeping on Nishant uncle's lap. Arjun stood infront the room door and looking into the room through the mirror.

I went to Arjun and touched his shoulder. He looked at me.

"Oh.. Arhaan, Hi. What're you doing here?" He asked while rubbing his cheeks with his hands.

"I went to your Mansion. And there I got know about you all being in the hospital." I said.

"Yeah! Last night Manya had high fever. She came from office early, we thought she was resting. At night when we went to call her for dinner, she was lying on the floor, unconscious. Her head got injured while falling. So we brought her here." He said.

My heart cleanched listening about her. I should have looked after her when she was scared yesterday." I thought.

"What did the doctor say?" I asked.