Past

Chapter 25

Author's POV

It's been fifteen days now that Manya joined Arhaan's company. She learned her work and liked working with Arhaan who was strict but explained the things she can't understand. She was thankful to him that being a CEO he helped her to learn her work that nobody can do for an inexperienced person.

She reached the office little early because today he had back to back meetings. One was with some foreign delegates and another was with another Indian company.

She arranged things for the first meeting in the conference room. After she was done with her work she went to Arhaan's cabin. He was not present there. She went to her cabin and completed her other works.

Arhaan entered the cabin and looked at her through the mirror wall and noticed that she was totally inluged in her work. He called her and asked her about the preparations for meeting.

They were informed by Anvesha that the foreign delegates were there. Arhaan told Manya to follow him. They received them and took them to the conference room. The meeting ended in an hour. It went well.

They bid bye after signing the contract. After that Arhaan went to his cabin while Manya arranged for the next meeting that was going to start after half an hour.

She went to his cabin and stood infront of his table for his next order. He looked at her and noticed that she looked tired.

He took the glass of water and offered her. She looked at him and then the glass and shook her head in no. I'm not thristy." She said but reality was different.

"Drink, you look tired." He said and handed her the water.

She gulped the water in one go because she was feeling thristy from a long time. Arhaan chuckled at her action. She felt embarrassed at the way she drank it.

Manya was informed by Anvesha that the clients for next meeting were in the conference room. She informed Arhaan about the same.

He nodded and stood up from his seat. He told her that he forgot a file in his car. He was going to ask the driver to bring the file when Manya told him that she will do that. He was going to say no to her but stopped because they were getting late for the meeting.

Manya went down and received the file from the car and reached the conference room. She was going to enter when her heart thumped against her chest. Suddenly she was feeling scared. She was feeling as if something bad was going to happen. She controlled her self and entered the room.

All head turned towards her. She greeted them with a smile but didn't pay attention to their faces. She took steps towards Arhaan's seat and handed him the file.

She stood beside him in one corner. She felt someone was staring at her. She was going to look at the side from where she felt someone watching her but the lights went off and the projector started showing the presentation. She couldn't look at the person.

She ignored her feeling and payed attention to the meeting. The meeting went good and the lights got on. With lights on in the room Manya's heart got filled with the darkness. There sat the man related to her past, who hurted her.

She looked at his eyes that were staring at her. He had a smile on his face. He looked at her with lust and evil feelings in his mind but didn't show on his face. Manya's hands were shivering with fear.