Please wake up

Chapter 31

Author's POV

They reached hospital with Manya Daksh told Arhaan that Shaan has done all the arrangements of her treatment. He is out of town for some work and he is coming back tomorrow but he hired the best doctor of his hospital to treat her.

Arhaan listened to Daksh and thanked him. The doctor was checking her while all the others members of Sehgal family and Malhotra family reached there. When the doctor came out from ICU Arhaan came towards him and asked about Manya.

"She's in a very critical condition. we found some heavy dose of drug in her blood and her whole body is not reacting because of this drug. She has not eaten anything from three days. So the drug impact on her body is a lot more and she's in coma. But we have a hope that she will come out from it. We gave her blood sample to lab. After we know about the drug we can cure her. Rest we can tell you only after reading her reports. And one more thing someone had beaten her badly. Her one arm is fractured. You see the scar on her face, that will heel with time but we are worried for her condition. It's a relief that you admitted her at the right time. If you were late we wouldn't have beem able to save her." Said the doctor.

Listening to his words Arhaan's heart broke. It's all because of him. How will he face everyone now? He thought and turned behind at listening Deepika's loud cry. Shobha was sitting beside her to console her. He went to her and sat on his knees.

"Aunty, it's all because of me. Please punish me. Today she's is in this condition because of me." He said.

Deepika shook her head in neagtive and told him, "No, Arhaan, it's not your fault. It's because of that man. You saved her by finding her at the right time. Thank you, beta. Now we have some hope that she will be okay." Said Deepika.

But Deepika didn't know what Arhaan had said toManya that day, because of which she ran from the Sehgal house.

Arhaan stood up and went from there. He sat on a bench in the garden and looked at the sky and cried.

"Why couldn't I trust her? I behaved so rude with her. I didn't talk to her and showered my anger on her. How could I do this to such an innocent soul?" He thought.

"Stop your acting. How do you just do that? You are a tricky girl. How can you take advantage of their love with your so called innocence? Now I know why your family abondoned you. You don't deserve anyone's love. You are staying with them and hiding your relationship with that man." 

He remembered his words and stood up abruptly. He closed his ears to prevent his own words from troubling him. But that didn't help him. He cried while thinking about her condition. He fell on his knees and cried while covering his face.

Someone put a hand on his shoulder. Arhaan cleared his face immediately and looked up to find his mom. She sat beside him and he hugged her tightly and cried.

Shobha didn't say anything to him. She knew that he was feeling guilty. She knew that he had done something wrong. She caressed his back and kissed him on his hair. 

"Mom, it's all because of me. You know, in anger I told her things that I didn't want to tell her. I shouldn't have done that." He told Shobha everything that he had said to Mannat. Shobha listened to him calmly while caressing his back.

When Arhaan stopped, Shobha broke the hug and looked at him. "You know, Arhaan, when we love someone we can't see them with anyone else. In anger we say things to them that we shouldn't." Arhaan looked at his mother, not understanding what she was saying.

"What are you saying mom?" He asked.

"You know, I'm your mother and a mother knows her child better then anyone else. When you left Yahaira's birthday party I noticed your jealousy. I noticed you, when Aditya hugged Manya. You were feeling jeoulus and angry. And you vented your anger on her. I don't support this kind of behavior. You did wrong with her but I know it was not in your hands. We're all humans and sometimes we do wrong things."

"No mom.. I didn't.. feel.. jealous..." Arhaan stammered for the first time infront of his mom while talking to her.

"You're my son, Arhaan. I know you. You like Manya and it's not wrong dear. But what you did was wrong. You should've waited, or tried to know the truth instead of making an opinion about her and jumping to conclusions." She said.

"Now what do I do, mom?" He asked like little child.

Shobha smiled and told him, "Ask her for forgiveness when she will be alright. Cure her with your love and care. I don't know what she was feeling when you said those things to her. She bare so much in her life, Arhaan. We don't even know what she went through in her past life. Try to know her pain and soothe her with your affection and love." She said and kissed his forehead.

Arhaan nodded and told her that he will not hurt her again nor he will let anyone do something bad to her. Shobha patted his back and told him to come inside.

They both went infront of the ICU room and just then the doctor also came there.

"She is in coma because of the drug she was given. It's very harmful if given in high doses. But the patient is lucky that she survived. But it will take time for her to respond to our treatment. But I assure you she'll be okay." Doctor said.

"Can I meet my daughter?" Asked Deepika. 

"Yes you can, after we shift her to the ward." Said the doctor and left from there.

"Arjun, you go back home. Amrita and Yahaira are waiting for you. Amrita was not feeling well.She needs you." Said Nishant. 

"No papa... How can I? You know Manya's in this condition, how can I leave her..." Said Arjun.

"But beta we are here. You go and think about Amrita's condition. It's not good for her to take stress." Said Deepika but Arjun wasn't feeling good about leaving Manya alone.

Arhaan came towards Arjun. "Arjun you can give me whatever punishment you want. Please trust me one last time, I'll not disappoint you. You go home I'll stay here with Aunty and Uncle. You come tommorow morning. Please Arjun, trust me last time. I'm ashamed of my behavior. Please it would give me some comfort and a chance of remove my guilt. Arhaan asked with hope. Arjun nodded and left from there.

Malhotra family also left while Deepika, Arhaan, and Nishant stayed there for the night.

A nurse came and told them that they will see the patient and after that only one person could stay with the patient in her ward. Deepika told that she will stay with her. All nodded and entered into the room. 

They looked at the fragile state of Manya. Her face was covered with bandages and her right arm was plastered. She looked pale and weak. So many wires were attached to her fingers and arms. Deepika couldn't control herself and started crying. Nishant told her to calm down. But she didn't stop crying seeing her daughter like that.

Nishant told Arhaan to stay with her if he had no problem. Arhaan nodded and Nishant took Deepika with him.

Arhaan went towards the bed and sat on the chair He took her hand in his and kissed it.

"I'm sorry. Please wake up, Manya. I don't want to see you like that. I want to see you happy and fine. Please come back to us. You can give me whatever punishment you want but please wake up." He said and kissed her bandaged forehead.

His eyes got moist to see her weak figure. Whole night he stared at her face. Sleep took over him and he rested his head on her bed .

***************************

How's the chapter readers? I hope you all like it.

Tell me your views about this chapter.

Please vote, share and comment.

Thanks for reading.