Pav bhaji

Chapter 11

Author's POV

Two weeks passed in a blur. Manya was getting a little better day by day with Sehgal family's love and Shobha's treatment. Slowly she was coming out of her depression and forgetting her pains.

Manya was cooking pav bhaji (Indian fast food) in the kitchen for Amrita because she was craving for something spicy. Manya requested Deepika to let her do some work. After a lot of begging and pleading Deepika allowed her to cook.

After cooking pav bhaji she entered the dining hall with her dish. All were sitting there except Arjun who was in the office.

'Wow! It smells so nice and tempting. Please Manya give me some, fast." Said Amrita while licking her lips with her tongue.

Manya served some bhaji in a small bowl and buttered pav in the plate and gave it to a very impatient Amrita. Amrita took a bite and moaned with pure delight.

"Oh it's so delicious. You are such a great cook, Manya. Now I will annoy you with all my cravings for food."

"Oh! Thank you, Bhabi, I'll be more than happy to make food for you." Said Manya while smiling.

After that Manya served all of them except Yahaira.

"Bua you didn't make anything  for me?" Asked Yahaira being with sad as everyone ate the dish prepared by her bua.

"Oh no baby, don't be sad. I made some for you too. This one is so spicy. So I made less spicy for you. Wait. I'll bring it from kitchen." Said Manya.

All were enjoying and praising Manya's cooking when Arjun entered followed by Arhaan.

Arhaan seeked blessings from Deepika and Nishant and said hello to Amrita and Manya like. 

"Please join us Arhaan. Come." Said Nishant.

"How are you Amrita?" Asked Arhaan as he ruffled Yahaira's hair while taking the chair beside Yahaira.

"I'm fine. How are you? And everyone in home? Its been a long time I've not met them." Said Amrita, more than half of her attention on her pav bhaji.

"Yeah all fine." Said Arhaan as he chuckled seeing the pregnant lady's love for her food.

"What's our Yahu doing?" Asked Arhaan while pinching Yahaira cheek.

"I'm eating this yummy yummy pav p.. paji. Bua made it for us." Said Yahaira with difficulty in pronouncing the dish. Arhaan's gaze fell on her special Disney Princess plate that was full of crumbs and her little face smeared with red spots of bhaji near her mouth and her cheeks. Arhaan smiled as she looked adorable.

"It's pav bhaji princess not pav paji." Said Arjun laughing at his daughter's cuteness and wiping her chubby cheeks with his handkerchief. He was sitting between Amrita and Yahaira.

Arjun extended his hand to take a bite from Amrita's plate but Amrita slapped his hand away with a glare, like a possessive lioness.

"It's for me, don't you dare touch it." Warned Amrita and took her plate and placed it away from Arjun to protect her food.