Party incident

Chapter 19

Author's POV

Manya was laying on the bed with her head resting on Deepika's lap. She was caressing Manya's hair and humming a tune. Deepika was trying to soothe her pain. A alone tear escaped from Manya's eyes. Manya was thinking about what happened with her in the party.

Why always she has to be the one who gets hurt?

Thinking about the incident more tears escaped from her eyes. Deepika was trying to comfort her.

"Don't cry my Bacha. I'm with you. I'll nothing let anything bad happen to you." Listening warm words from her mother, Manya turned towards her stomach and hugged her.

"Why always I, mumma? Why always these things happen to me. I never hurted anyone in my life then why God always hurts me? Why I can't be happy?" She mumbled the words in her mother's embrace.

"Manya.. You're my strong girl. There are ups and downs in life. Don't fear them. Hold yourself and face all the hurdles. This is a bad time and it will pass. After that you'll be happy." She said and paused for sometime.

"God always does the right things for us. He never hurts his people. So trust in god, he will show you the right path. Pray for yourself he will listen to you." Said Deepika and hugged Manya in her embrace and kissed her on her hair.

After sometime laying in her mother's embrace sleep took over Manya. Listening to her soft snoring Deepika took her head and placed on the pillow. She tucked the blanket till her chest after kissing her forehead and left from there.

Both the Sehgal and Malhotra families were sitting in the living hall of the Sehgal mansion. The atmosphere was very tensed. Everyone was thinking about the incident that happened in the party.
.

.

Flashback

After excusing herself Manya went to the restroom. After coming out of the restroom she was going towards her family. As she was walking she was looking at the decorations of the garden. The curtains were arranged beautifully.The trees were decorated with golden and white lights. Lightened earthen diyas were floating in the water fountain with flowers.

The garden was looking so amazing that Manya was attracted towards it. She was walking looking here and there when she bumped into a man.

She was going to fall on her back when someone held her waist. Her eyes were closed because of the fear of falling.

"Hey gorgeous, are you all fine?" The man asked in a hoarse voice. The place was dark, with the only light coming from the garden. Listening the voice of the man Manya suddenly opened her eyes.

She looked at the man, horrified. Sweat beads formed on her forehead. Her heart was beating fast in fear. She came abruptly from the grip of the man and stood on her feet.

She took steps back as the light fell on her face and the man saw her.The man looked at her in shock and then his expression changed in a smirk and lust.

Manya was taking steps back was stumbling in her steps. She stumbled and her hand touched the diya on the decorated dice and fell on a curtain.