First day

Chapter 24

Manya's POV

It was my first day in the office. After returning from my interview I got a call from them that I was selected in their company as the executive assistant.I'm new to this work. But Bhai told me basic works that I was required to do in this post. I was feeling nervous and excited at the same time.

I got ready in a black shirt and grey pants. I did little makeup. After wearing my flats I went down for breakfast. Everybody had already settled on their seats and were waiting for me.I greeted them.They all praised my look.

"Today I will drop My princess, Arjun." Said papa and smiled at me.

"Okay, papa, as you wish!" Said Bhai and I nodded my head in approval looking at them.

I ate my breakfast. After that mom told me to get blessings from god.I went into our temple and joined my hands infront of Ganesh ji.

"Thank you so much, Ganesh ji. You gave me this new, wonderful family who loves me like their own. You blessed me with these caring people. Today is my first day in the new phace of life. Please bless me with your love." After praying I took blessings from papa and mumma. Arjun Bhai and Bhabi gave me a watch as their blessing. After bidding bye to them I left for office with papa.

I reached at time and entered the office building. The recipationist was a sweet girl and her name, I got to know, was Simran. She told me that I have to go to the eighth floor and I would get to know where would I work. When I reached the the eighth floor Anvesha was standing there.

She met me warmly and told me to go to Arhaan's cabin. I wonder why I have to meet Arhaan.

"Why do I've to meet to Arhaan's sir?" I asked.

She looked at me as if I have two heads. "You're going to work with him as his executive assistant so you have to go there to know your work." She told me.

"What?" I thought in my mind. I have to work with him. But I thought I will work in his company under someone else. I didn't think I'll work as his personal assistant.

Anvesha looked at me and looking at my expressions she busted into laughter. "Sorry!" She said.

"Don't worry, you'll love to work with him. He's a nice person but sometimes he gets rude to his employees. But you don't worry. You will know about him soon. So now you go if you don't want to be late on your first day." She told me while an encouraging me with her smile.

I nodded and stood outside his cabin. With nervousness, I knocked on the door. After hearing a faint come in, I entered into the cabin. He was sitting on his chair while doing something on his laptop. I cleared my throat. He looked at me and gestured me to sit infront of him. He didn't even smile.

"You're five minutes late, Ms. Manya." He said with authority in his voice while looking at his laptop screen.

Looking at his demeanor I was feeling more nervous. I didn't answer him and played with my fingers in fear. Not getting an answer from me he looked at me and left his work. He looked at my face and smiled.

"Why're you feeling nervous, Manya? I want us to work professionally, not as if we know each other personally so that we don't feel awkward with each other. So come out of your nervousness and start your work. Okay?" He asked.