Chapter 22 - There will be no other guy

She awakened the next day with the sun shining in her eyes. Her hand moved to touch behind her, only to realise it was empty. She turned around in panic.

Where did he go?

She turned back and frantically tries to remove the needle from her hand when suddenly, she saw a figure from beside her. She shifted her head to the figure and met the eyes of the person she was looking for.

"Hey, hey. Slow down there. You're going to hurt yourself." He said as he sat beside her.

She let out sigh of relief, stopping her actions. "I-I thought you left."

"Oh dear no. I'm still here and will always be." He comforted, pulling her in for a hug. "Good morning, my love."

  He pecked her forehead. They released from the hug and stared at each other.

  "How was sleep, beautiful?"

  "It was good. Haven't had this feeling in a really long time."

  "I hope I was part of it and if I am, I'm happy that I made you feel that way," Loki said with a bright smile on his face, knowing that he was the reason she had a good night sleep. "Now, why not you bathe while I wait for you. Alright? I'll be here."

  She nodded. She removed the needle from her hand and moved to shower. Within 20 minutes, she was done. She started her daily morning routine and couldn't help but to think of Loki. The way he made her feel.

  She knew falling in love with Loki wasn't the best decision she has ever made. Heck, she was full of bad decisions but eventually, it all worked out. She never knew that someone could make her heart tremble or feel fireworks in her stomach.

  She knows who she will disappoint and she was sure it was everyone. Not only the people that cares and loves but the whole New York. If possible, the whole of Asgard. She could care less about who accepts and who doesn't. In her past experiences, regardless of whether she was guilty or innocent, people were quick to judge and pinpoint their fingers.

  She only feared that if they find out Loki has been around and hiding as James, Tony would abandon her. He would never accept Loki. To Tony, Loki wants nothing but war and death. That he has no heart or soul.

  Truthfully, no one would ever talk to a villain. No one would ever try to understand a villain. Lia had no intentions to understand Loki. It only intrigued her when she hit him with her car and he started bleeding. She was sure that a God does not bleed easily. It pushed her to make a deal when she heard the conversation between Loki and his mother.

She shrugged it off and got done. She held on to the railing and walked out of her room. Her eyes looked for Loki who was standing by the stove with an apron wrapped around him. He had a spatula in his hand and the other on the switch.

Lia's footsteps caught his attention. He turned around and smiled. He quickly turned off the switch and placed the spatula in the pan. He walked over to her side and helped to her seat.

"What are you doing?" Lia asked out of curiosity.

"Making breakfast which is ready to be served. Stay here."

He took two plates and transferred the dish on it. He had prepared the drinks for them both and Lia was excited to try.

"Are you doing alright? Do you need help?"

"No! No, Lia, I'm doing alright. Everything is ready. You stay there and wait."

She huffed and sat there silently. He brought out the drinks and the food afterwards. He neatly arranged the silverware and plates, making sure it was perfect.