Chapter 16 : Hurt

Eventually, I left him there in the corner. I pressed the elevator button and waited. I looked down on my thigh and saw I had eight minutes left before it rings. Figured that it was taking too long, I decided to take the escalator and stairs down. It would put pressure on my leg but it's better than dying.

I ran down three flight of escalators and the last being the stairs. I was starting to limp but I surprisingly made it down within four minutes. I rushed out and head over to the parking lot where my car was parked at.

I was metres away from my car when someone pushed me from behind. I jerked forward and fell on the road. Heavy footsteps marched behind me with the laughter of men. I stood up and dust myself off. My palms were scraped and blood could be seen. I looked up and saw the guy that I punched in the gut earlier.

He had four other guys behind with him standing in the front.

"And what do you want from me?"

"You should've been much more careful with your actions, little missy."

"So what is this? Are you like the Backstreet Boys? Are you going to sing for me? Or the Power Rangers? If so then who are the two chicks?"

"You shouldn't have punched me earlier. Now, you have consequences to face."

"So now it's my fault? You were the one being rude and all of a sudden, it's my fault? Honey, you were one who didn't expect it. There's this saying, "Expect the unexpected" and certainly, you haven't heard of it before." I scoffed, rolling my eyes.

He clicked his tongue and snickered. "Expect the unexpected, huh?"

He suddenly raised and swung his fist at me as a surprise act but I swiftly caught his fist. "But sadly for you, I already expect the unexpected."

I twisted his fist 180 degrees and pushed him back. The one on the right swung his fist at me and I was fast enough to dodge it. He stumbled forward as I kicked the one on my left.

Once my feet stepped the ground, I was thrown to the ground with a stinging pain on my cheek. Both my arms were tightly held onto and I was pulled up on my feet.

"Expect the unexpected. Guess you didn't see that coming."

He swung his fist and punched my torso. My breath hitched as I coughed. I looked down on my thigh and I had two minutes left before the pain sets off.

I have to come up with something. I should've brought Loki with me.

Another punch landed on my left cheek and I could taste my blood in my mouth. I immediately spit it out as an idea came up in my head. The moment he raised his arm, I jumped and kicked his chin. Holding the two guys on my arms, I did a back flip and used them as my support.

I landed on my feet, making the pain on my leg worse. I grunt and pulled both my arms together. Using all my strength, I smacked both their heads together and they immediately released me. Taking all the chances I have, I made my way to my car and unlocked it. Caring less about the two that were still standing.

Right when I reached my car, my head jerked forward and made contact on the car pillar. My hair was harshly pulled and was only released when I dropped to the ground.

"You fucking think it's easy to get rid of us?"

I groaned, touching my forehead. I knew I hit it quite hard when I saw a whole lot of blood on my fingers. He kicked me on my stomach and groaned in pain as I crouched.

"I know that it's fun and games but let's stop now."

"Oh no. We're not stopping. Not so tough now huh?"