Chapter 21 - The Truth (1/3)

She crashes her lips on his lips. Without a doubt, he started kissing back. Her hands around his neck. His lips hungrily devouring hers. He slammed his body against hers with his hand on her waist and the other on the counter. Their tongues danced in sync. It felt different than the first kiss they shared. They were able to express their love for each other but what they had ended too soon when Loki's hand slipped, sliding the glass off the counter table.

  The glass hits the ground, breaking into pieces. They pulled away at the noise. She moved her head up, coming face-to-face with Loki's miserable face. She chuckled through her nose with a wide grin. She moved to pick up the pieces on the ground with Loki doing the minimum to help.

  It didn't take long for them to finish cleaning. Soon enough, they were on her bed, sitting opposites of each other in silence. Loki watched her insert the needle into her hand, wincing despite him still not used to it.

  Ever since she was discharged from the hospital, Tony and Bruce switched the area of needle insertion to her hand. They were confident enough and figured that it would make her feel much comfortable, being able to toss in her sleep.

  They sat in silence but it wasn't the awkward tension that they had before. Loki cleared his throat, standing up. He greeted her a good night and moved but stopped when he felt a hand on his.

  "I don't know whether you'd like to but...do you mind staying here tonight? I'm afraid I might end up screaming again..."

  The corners of mouth lift upward while his head nodded enthusiastically. She pat on the space next to her and he gladly moved in no time. Lia placed her head on his shoulder, creating shivers up his spine. Silence came upon once again. Thoughts of her past crawled up his mind, sending more curiosity up in his brain but it surprised him when Lia opened up the topic he has been yearning to ask.

  "I know that you want to know what happened. I guess I should tell you."

  He moved his head to face, clearing his throat, stuttering, "That's if you're ready..."

  "I am never ready to tell anyone but if I don't give it a shot, when will I ever move on from it?"

***

  "What is the answer to this question?" Miss Lara asked as she scanned the class with her hazel brown eyes.

  Her eyes landed on Lia who had her head down, scribbling on her paper. It was impossible for Miss Lara to miss Lia despite her seat was direct to her eyes. Just like the other two of her friends, she was avoiding from being called out by her teacher.

  "Lia. What is your answer?"

  Lia cursed under her breath, looking at Jean and Raiden who were quietly laughing. "Lia?"

  She jerked her head up at her teacher, standing up. "Sorry, Miss Lara. I haven't even read the question yet."

  "Well that's on you. Read it and answer immediately. Or else, detention after school for not paying attention."

  Her eyes ran through the math equation on the board, muttering the numbers under her breath. Before her teacher could tell her to step up, she gave Miss Lara an answer with no hesitation or doubts.

  "It's 57," she answered with a plain face. "The answer is 57."

  "Don't answer it randomly. Show us the working."

  Lia silently grumbled while dragging her feet to the whiteboard. She took the marker from her teacher and started working on the question, without any hesitation, scribbling the equations on the board, finalising her answer with "57".