Chapter 23 - With Pleasure

Lia sat on her bed, in her room at the Avengers Tower. IV drip attached to her hand. The only sounds that could be heard was the drip. After being charged for harbouring a fugitive,  Tony managed to talk his way out for Lia and getting the permission to keep her locked in the tower,  supervised by the Avengers instead of putting her in prison. It took a whole lot of work to convince the S.H.I.E.L.D authority but they managed.

  Jean and Raiden were excused but they are no longer allowed to make any contact with Lia. It was hard on them but they knew at some point this would happen. They worry for her, knowing that she wouldn't be able to cope well.

  To their knowledge, Lia has been depending on Loki. They knew they both loved each other. The way their eyes connected with one another. The way they interact and communicate, it was obvious that they had a thing for each other.

  As much as Raiden hated it, he knew Loki had fallen in love with his best friend. The way Loki looked at Lia is the exact same way Raiden ever looked at Jean. The love shining in their eyes. He never knew that Loki would fall in love with her. Eventually, he learnt to trust Loki. He never really knew how he did but he did.

It's been a week since they found out. Lia hasn't left the room. She was allowed to wander around the level but she stayed in. The Avengers were concerned about her well-being, except for Tony who was still disappointed in her as well as Thor.

  "Thor, what the hell were you thinking? You knew and you hid it away from us? You've just put all of our lives in danger! Especially Aurelia!" Tony fumed.

  "Me? I've tried to tell you many times that he was banished down to Midgard. He's powerless." Thor raised his voice.

  "That does not mean he can't hurt innocent lives."

  "He hasn't hurt anyone since he fell down to Earth."

  "Oh really? As far as I know, he landed five men in the hospital."

  Their heads turns to Thor.

  "He was protecting Lia. He took down those men because they were attacking her. You know it. You were there. You even told your machine to kick one of them."

   "What about the guards?"

  "They were hurting Jean." Thor answered without a doubt. "He's a changed man. I've lived with him for a thousand years and he's never been like this and I've never seen him like this. He's changed."

  "Don't try to convince me otherwise. Because of him, the black hole has been in my head for two whole years. Because of him, I almost lost the life of my niece. I'm not gonna lose her again. Not now. Not ever. You're not in my position so don't act like you know it." Tony said through gritted teeth as he pushed Thor with his finger. "Get out of my face. I don't want to see you near Lia ever again."

  The rest of the team would interfere but they know they weren't in the position to. Aurelia plays a huge part in Tony's life. Losing Lia would make Tony lose his mind. He loves her with all his life. Just like any father would.

  "Jarvis, has she touched her food?"

  "No sir. She hasn't moved since 4 am in the morning, sir."

  Tony sighed as Pepper rubbed his back. She asked if he was okay and he replied with a long sigh and a concerned look on his face.

  "What am I supposed to do? She's not speaking to anyone. Not eating her food. It's like how she was after the incident. I don't know what to do. It's like Loki got her under a spell that's making her like this. Did he take the sceptre?