Chapter 14 : Ice cream

It took 2 hours for him to finish telling his backstory. Not that it bothered me. In fact, I was interested that I didn't notice the time passing by. It was interesting. I could bet having these abilities would be incredible. He loved learning magic but unfortunately, it was taken away by Odin.

"Do you feel better and relieved after ranting it all out?" I asked, looking at him.

"Honestly... I do. Like a burden on my shoulders have lifted. I don't usually do this. Actually, I have never done this before."

"Glad to hear that it helped," I smiled. "I guess we can call that a night."

"What about you?" he questioned with his eyebrows furrowed. "I believe you too have a story to share."

"Me? I do. I do have a story but I don't know. A lot of things had happened and sharing my story is something I find very difficult to do. Maybe one day I will. Just not now," I said.

Remembering the past negative memories of mine, I am not ready to let it out. The only person that I had ever let out on someone was Tony. The rest knows but not through me. It was all from Tony. I was never confident in telling anyone personally except for the ones who have been through with me. I know that if I were to personally think back on the past memories of mine and to actually tell someone about it, my attacks and nightmares will come back.

It happened when I told Tony about my past and the things that occurred. I couldn't have a good night sleep and had no appetite for weeks. It was traumatising. Tony was the only one that stayed with me. He slept with me and sacrificed his time from work and Pepper just to watch over me. He even sacrificed his sleeping time. I was like a disabled child.

When the incident happened, I had more people helping me. Maybe because Tony had introduced me to everyone. I had people like the Avengers to regain back my steps. Since the whole team wanted to help, they were scheduled to their days while Tony and Bruce did researches on the treatment for my leg. The only thing that kept the pain away was a solution but it only lasted for 30 minutes max. I appreciated all their help. That was the reason I became close to them fast.

"Thank you, Lia. For all that you've done for me. The clothes, shoes and food."

"What could have I done? The Avengers are the people's role models. They are the superheroes. Superheroes give chances. They need to stop working like the FBI and start working like superheroes," I said. "Well, we can call this a night then."

He smiled and nodded. He continued to sit and finally realised that this was my room. He apologised and sheepishly laughed, getting down from the bed. I watched him head for the door and looking back once.

"Goodnight."

I replied with the same and he left with the door closed. I grinned, looking down at my hands.

I wondered why I was grinning. My heart was beating in an odd manner and I could feel my cheeks heating up.

"Oh my god. What is happening to me?" I cupped my cheeks, falling down on my side.

I was excited and happy but I did not why for sure. This was an emotion that I have not felt in such a long time. I knew what it was but I didn't think it was possible for it to come back or to even develop.

Am I dying? No, I'm not. Don't tell me that I'm... Nope. No way! That is not possible. Lia guards up.

The morning came and I was awakened by my stomach grumbling. I missed dinner last night and a sudden realisation hit me. Loki missed his dinner too. He might be starving. I got up from my bed and did my normal daily routine before heading out the bedroom door.