Chapter 10 : It's called food.

Author's Note:
A little bit of Lia's past will unveil? Maybe?

"Will you stop with all those fucking comments. Just stop..."

My hand reached up to my eyes, beneath the shades. Tears were falling again. This time round, I did not put in the effort to stop the tears. I was tired and exhausted. Holding it in would hurt even more. I let out a soft sob and I could feel Loki noticing what was happening.

"You're cryi—"

"Shut up. Just shut up," I snapped. I swiftly turned around and stormed into my room. I slammed the door and threw off my shades. I took off my jacket and threw it aside as I cried uncontrollably.

Memories were flooding back. My heart ached. My phone started ringing and I looked it up to see the name who I don't even want to mention. With rage, I threw my phone to the wall. Those memories played back in my head. Memories which I shoved down deep.

"You killed her!"

"You're a murderer!"

"How are you still not in prison? How are you still alive?"

"I loved her and you killed her because you were jealous of what she had. You selfish prick!"

"I bet her dad was the one who killed her mom and made it look like she ran away. It should run in the blood."

More tears were slipping down my face as the voices rang in my ears. I walked towards my wooden cupboard and pull out drawer by drawer. At last, I found what I had been searching for. I held it in my hands and sat down on the bed. It was sharp and small. It was to be thrown away years ago but I kept it. A metal blade.

I held it close to my wrist, pressing down on my skin. My hand was shaking and palms sweating. Something was urging me to go on and another urging me to stop. I screamed and forcefully threw the metal blade away. A drop of blood fell on the floor. Drop by drop, drip by drip. I took a piece of tissue and place it over my wrist.

The door creaked open and I immediately wiped off the tears on my face. His heavy footsteps got closer and eventually, I felt his presence beside me. He sat down and turned his body to face me.

"I'm sorry, Lia. For what I have said to you."

I kept silent as I continued to cup my wrist. I nod my head as an acceptance and also to shoo him off. I did not need anyone's presence. Especially Loki. The person who cannot be trusted and now, he is apologising for what he said.

"What happened to your wrist?"

I shook my head, softly uttering, "Nothing..."

"That is certainly not nothing." He reached for the hand but I pulled it back. "Just let me see it. The least I would do is to kill you. If you remember, we have a deal."

I gave in and he gently held my wrist in his hands. He took off the piece of tissue off my wrist and saw the open wound.

"This is bad."

------------

"Why do you do such things? Doesn't it hurt or are you invincible?" Loki questioned as he assisted me with the change of the bandage for my right arm.

"If you're talking about my right arm, I sacrificed for you," I said as I rolled my eyes.

"Are you trying to make me feel guilty? You were the one who came up with the plan and deal."

I laughed silently. I winced as he dabbed the cotton wool that was dipped in hydrogen peroxide.

"Sorry and that is not what I was referring to."