Epilogue

My heart paced in my chest as I let out a deep breath. I rubbed my chest and calmed myself down. I looked at the time and walked around the room.

"Lia, will you calm down? You're making me nervous."

"Well, how am I not nervous? Everything about this is nerve-wrecking. I'm sweating inside out and I've never sweat this much."

Maria and Natasha laughed, watching me panic. I fiddled with my fingers when a knock was heard from the connecting door between the room. I stumble towards the sound and leaned my ear against the wooden surface.

"Lia?"

I responded, calling out to his name the moment I heard his voice.

"Are you ready?"

"I'm so nervous. I don't know if I can do this."

"Don't be, my love. You're going to look as beautiful as you are every other day."

"You and your sweet words. Shut up."

"I'm only being honest."

I knocked on the door as a sign of this conversation to end. I looked to my left and saw the ladies, staring at me with smiles on their faces.

"You lovebirds. Can't even stay apart for just a few hours."

"Hey. You see an opportunity? You take it. I wouldn't know when would be the last time we'd meet."

———

We stood behind the giant door. My cold fingertips wrapped itself around the bouquet of flowers. My eyes grew glossy with the tears building up on the edge. I looked at my dear best friend and she had the same look as I did.

"Lia, don't. You're gonna make me cry."

"Well, I wasn't even looking at you!"

We pouted and fan our eyes. We couldn't afford to ruin our make-up. Tunes from the piano began playing. My heart couldn't beat any faster. I took deep breaths with Jean and hugged the girl. I smiled proudly before turning around.

I looked to the ground and fiddled with my toes which were hidden in the pair of heels. The door slowly opened and we began walking. I looked at the people seated, watching us. My eyes glanced up and met the love of my life. His hands on the front, one holding on his wrist. He was dressed in a beautiful black suit. His brown hair styled up, giving the same feeling to me when he had his long black hair. The widest smile planted on his face as I walked down the aisle. He winked and I rolled my eyes. My eyes landed on Raiden who looked nearly as anxious as I did, except he was doing worse.

I laughed silently and caught his attention. I straightened my imaginary blazer as a sign for him to do the same. He rushed to straighten it and it made me pout. I gave him a thumbs up and mouthed a good luck. He nodded and exhaled.

We stood on the single platform when the door opened once again, revealing Jean, the bride. Her beautiful white gown decorated the red carpet. Diamond embroidery occupying the empty spots of her dress. Of course she didn't have any veil on because of how proud she was as a hairdresser. Her silky ombre hair styled up with pearls giving it a shine. She was a goddess. I was just standing with her but how could her look change within minutes?

Her arm intertwined with her father's as they walk down the aisle. She smiled and waved at the guests. Strictly having the no phones rule, they watched her diligently, awing at her beauty. My eyes shifted to Raiden who had tears running down his face. He bit on his lips, in attempt to control more tears from falling. I pouted my lips as tears naturally slipped from the corners of my eyes. Loki pat on Raiden's shoulders calming the man down. Jean's eyes glossed with tears as her father gave her away. She stood before the two of us and smiled at me before turning to her future husband.