Chapter 2 : Loki broke my windshield

"I-I will-" I was cut off when I saw a line of blood on the ground and it all leads to Loki. "Loki, you're bleeding."

Then a familiar sound was heard and I exactly knew who it was. A bunch of cars came in my view from behind Loki as the sound of heavy metal gently touches the ground. I turned around and was engulfed in a hug.

"Are you okay? Did he hurt you?" Tony asks with a worried look on his face.

I shook my head and he let out a sigh of relief.

"Instead of him hurting me, I was the one who hurt him instead," I chuckled. "I ran him over with my car and now, the windshield is cracked."

He furrowed his eyebrows, wondering how that happened.

"I was on the phone with Raiden. He called me," I said, looking down.

I knew that he'll get angry because that is a dangerous act to do on the road.

"That's it. You're getting the earpiece. You're lucky you crashed into Loki. What if you crashed into a truck? You could've died and I am not risking that. I promised your father to keep you safe and Out of the many promises, this one matters to me most. Except for the ones with Pepper. You're my one and only niece and I swear to myself to not break this promise at all cost. And if you die, it will be my fault for not keeping you safe. I already lost you once, I'm not going to lose you again."

"Tony, I won't die. I promise you, I will not die. This is a promise from me to you and you know I don't make promises so this is my first," I took my fingers out and showed him. "No fingers crossed."

He hugged me and soon, we turn to Loki who had his hands cuffed. The blood was visible on the ground and I suddenly felt guilt rushing all over me. Perhaps he was unarmed. In a matter of seconds, all of the Avengers were here.

"Welcome back, reindeer games. They're really calling you God of Mischief for nothing," Tony started as he got on the suit.

"That beautiful girl must be your niece, How admirable," Loki remarked with a smirk forming naturally on his face.

"Leave her alone. She has got nothing to do with this," Steve spoke up. "Hey Lia, didn't you say you have a movie date with Jean?"

"Loki broke my windshield," I frowned. "I can't drive there now."

"You impudent fool! You're blaming me for breaking that piece of glass when you're the one who crashed me with that machine?" He raised his voice. "If I wasn't in these cuffs, you would've been dead by now."

"Lia, it's best if you go now," Clint suggests.

"I'll walk," I informed, in case Tony would want to offer me a ride but I know they will be busy with Loki's appearance on earth.

I got off the road and went up the slope. I crossed the main road and begin walking to the theatre which was a 15-minute walk. Hopefully, they'll be ending the movie soon. I stopped outside the theatre and sat down on the nearest bench. I started thinking of Loki, the Asgardian that crashed into my car. His eyes were incredible. In the shade which I have never seen before.

What was he doing here on Earth? Shouldn't he be in Asgard? Where is his brother? Is he planning to take over New York again? Or what if his intentions is different? What if he was banished here by his father, Odin?

I started thinking more about him until I heard a snap of a finger. I blinked my eyes, bringing myself back to the real world. From the finger, I lead my eyes to the person.

"Jean—"

"Shut it. This is the fifth time, you're doing this to me. I'm lucky that Raiden is here for me whenever you're not around."