Chapter 25 - I'm sure

Loki got up on his two feet, feeling his own abilities and energy surge through his body. His magic flowed through his fingers. His powers are back.

He glanced at Tony and nodded his head before lunging at the Giants.

Time to shine

He shoots his ice daggers at different places and it pierced through the giant's heads and chest. He cleared the Avengers' Path, giving them a few seconds to rest. They began attacking once again and Loki made his way to Utgard-Loki.

His feet smoothly slid on the ground as he met the villain who was sitting on an ice throne.

"Ah, the king of Jotunheim who betrayed his own kind," Utgard-Loki chuckled. "How are you?"

"Let's get this over and done with," He fumed.

"What's the rush? Your girlfriend is saved. It's between you and me now."

Suddenly, a large wall of ice closed the entrance, leaving Loki and the villain in the space alone. The rest of the Avengers in the room felt the ground shake, noticing the opening being blocked by ice.

Steve swung his shield at the frost giant ahead of him before making the announcement that the entrance had been closed.

"Loki?!" Thor called out through his earpiece.

Hulk rushed and fist the wall, only to be bounced back. He crashed onto the ice. Clint quickly shot an arrow at the oncoming Giants who were closing up on Hulk before shivering into the earpiece.

"It's freezing in here, Cap. I don't know how much longer I can hold up."

The temperature was getting colder by the second and Clint was only protected by a piece of winter coat which not only restricted his movements but did not provide him enough warmth for the situation. Steve on the other hand, was used to the weather. He spent seventy years in ice and came back to life as if he was only gone for a day.

Clint shot another bomb arrow at the blocked entrance after his announcement but it came to no use.

"Tony, get Clint up to the Quinjet. We can't risk him getting a frostbite," Steve ordered.

Without a word of reply, Tony swiftly grabbed Clint and pulled him up to the Quinjet. He landed on the metal surface and Natasha quickly brought Clint in, giving him the supplies for warmth.

Tony stepped out of his suit and knelt down to his dear niece. Her skin was pale and cold. It was as if she's gone. He could see her faint breaths and slow movements of her chest which was the only reassuring thing. His eyes welled up in tears as he reluctantly caressed her cold cheek.

"I'm so sorry, Lia."

Jean, who had the oxygen can against Lia's mouth, teared up at the sight of Tony. She sobbed and bit her lips, to focus on giving her best friend oxygen. Raiden witnessed the scene and stepped in to take over. Jean immediately handed him the can before walking away to calm herself down.

Clint and Natasha came back and Clint was distraught by Lia's condition.

"Tony, I don't know how long Lia can last up here. We need to hurry so we can get her proper medical attention. Her heartbeat's faint and we're doing our best with the heat packs and oxygen cans."