Chapter 15 : New friend

Everyone started getting to know Loki who was disguised as my imaginary friend, James. Everyone seemed to like him. Who I was worried about most was Thor who kept looking at Loki's direction.

  "You know James, you look oddly familiar," he stood up.

  I immediately looked at Loki with a frightened expression and he did the same to me too. He turns back to Thor, gulping. "Y-You know, Lia same the said thing too."

  We furrowed our eyebrows, wondering what James said. "I-I mean, Lia said the same thing too. Right, Lia?" he looked at me with his eyes widened.

  My eyes rounded and I sat up. "Of course. The first time I saw him, it just knocked into my head. "

  Who? Who looks like him? Omg. Help.

  "Tom Hiddleston. Yes. He looks exactly like Tom Hiddleston."

  "Who is that?" Thor questioned.

  I took my phone out and searched him up on google. Once I had a picture of him, I hand them my phone. They all agreed but I know Thor wasn't convinced.

  "Hey, how about we put in some movies? I have like the classics and any genre you like. It's all in that cabinet. Just pick any."

  Clint and Tony chased after it. I stood up, wanting to walk over to the kitchen when Thor stopped me.

  "Lady Lia, may I have a word?"

  "O-Of course," I stuttered.

  He gently pulled me into the corner, right by the storeroom door. It was not deep in but if we whisper, no one would be able to hear us.

  "So, what's the commotion?" I asked.

  "James."

  "What's wrong with James? Do you not like him?" I questioned, acting like I knew nothing.

  "Lady Lia, I think you know what I mean. James is my brother. That is Loki, right there," he whispered.

  "No...maybe." I looked down, tapping my feet.

  "You're the one who helped him escape?"

  "I was the one who came up with the plan. Trust me, he had no idea on how to get out from there."

  "With your condition? You went through all that? Is that why there's a bandage on your arm?"

  "Yes but please don't tell anyone. I'm begging you."

  "Of course I won't tell anyone but answer this one question. Why are you helping him?"

  I sighed, "I don't know. I felt like he needed it. I just felt that he must have a terrible time. After being banished down to earth, he was then arrested. It would've been better if he had just stayed in Asgard. I just...I don't know. I mean he may have tried to take over New York but I just felt that deep down he is a different man. There's a soft guy trapped down there. So I decided to give him a chance to prove that he's not what everyone thinks he is."

  "Thank you, Lady Lia. Thank you for believing in him. Everyone had given up on Loki except for me and my mother. In addition, you." he said. "Perhaps just be careful. Don't get caught off guard. He's a tricks—"

  "Trickster. I know. Just an update, he's doing alright. He's starting to enjoy some things and I'm glad that he hasn't tried to kill me yet. Despite me running him over with my car."

  I still felt guilty. I caused him to bleed and bruise up for weeks. He didn't deserve any of that.

  I was surprised that Thor was okay with Loki. He had always believed in Loki. That is how precious he is to Thor. Thor even asked me whether he could come around to my house just to spend time with Loki and of course, I said, "yes". I had no heart to even refuse because I knew that these chances are a little bit too rare for them both to have.