Chapter 24 - What's the Plan?

Loki's POV

S.H.I.E.L.D Headquarters

My eyes shot open. My heart beating rapidly. Droplets of my own sweat slid down my temple, down my spine. I felt uneasy. The churning feeling in my stomach was as if I was being hunted.

I was awakened by a nightmare. Lia being abducted by the frost giants of Jotunheim. The creatures of my kind. The worst that could ever happen to her. A single touch from a frost giant could burn and kill her. Although I knew it was just a dream, it felt too real to be one.

  I know it wasn't just a nightmare. Deep down in my heart, something was terribly wrong. My love, you're far from safe.

"Something isn't right..." I whispered under my breath.

I swiftly turned around and got up on my feet. Once again, I'm alone in this ridiculous circular dungeon. I called out for attention. Frantically waving at the camera.

  Suddenly, the main entrance slides open and came rushing in Steve and the rest of the team that's usually in the building. Before he could even speak, I interrupted him with my worry.

  "Captain, something terrible is going to happen to Lia. I don't know what it is but I know she's won't be in good hands. I could feel it..."

  "Loki," Steve called.

  "...Is anyone there with her? Is Tony there with her? He needs to keep an eye on her. All of you do. Please don't let anything bad happ—"

  "Loki!" Thor called with his thunderous voice.

  I paused and looked at my brother. He had a gloomy look on his face. From furrowed brows, my eyes widened.

  "No. No. No. Thor, I know that look. Please tell me you're joking."

  He slowly shook his head, "She...was taken away."

  Suddenly, Tony burst into the room. His eyes darkened with an angered look. "Where's that son of a bitch?"

He made eye contact with me and furiously stomped towards the dungeon door. With his suit firearm in his hands, he shoots the system panel. Everyone stumbled back with widened eyes, stunned by Tony's action. The dungeon door slides open. Steve quickly stepped in and grabbed Tony's arm before he could make it through the door.

  Tony swung his other arm and punched Steve's tricep, immediately losing his grip. Tony rushed his way in with his eyes glaring at me. I gulped and stepped back. He lifted his fireman, pointing directly at me when Thor's hammer pushed his arm away.

  "Tony, no!"

  Tony scowled and shoots Thor from inside the dungeon. He flew back, hitting his back against the wall. Tony turned back to me. In a flash, he backhanded me with the firearm in his hand. I caught his arm and came face to face with him.

  "I don't want to hurt you, Tony."

  "Drop the act, Loki. I know it was you."

  "I've been in here the entire time. I couldn't leave even if I wanted to."

"Stop lying!"

Tony kicked my abdomen from behind, throwing me back. He grabbed the collar of my shirt and punched me square in the face with the metal fist. I fell down on my back as I groaned in pain. He climbed over me, placing his hand on my collar once again.

"You will return her to me!"

"I don't know where she is."

Tony screamed and punched me. Again and again. I could have fought back but I refused. The left side of my face started to numb as my vision start to blur. If this is the way I could prove my innocence, I sacrifice myself. I could taste the blood in my mouth. My body weakening itself. Something I've never felt before. The pain of a Midgardian. The pain Lia felt must've been worse.