Chapter 4 : It's literally the same, Lia

Days had past, I have been visiting Loki for an hour everyday. I became even more intrigued by him. I stared at the machine with my screwdriver in hand. I was sitting on the chair, in the lab alone. It is already night and I was still operating on my half-done invention. I managed to build it up again but it failed. The lab was air-conditioned but I was sweating badly.

I slam my fists on the table as the thought of Loki came up in my head.

"Listen here you mere mortal. I am not someone who can easily be crushed on. You may look tough here but you are nothing but an intimidated human. You are afraid of everyone but you choose not to show it. You're in a dream, thinking everyone will appreciate you for your doing but you are wrong. The world is cruel and unfair. No one will ever love you."

"No, Loki. You're saying this to me but do you realise that this is all you? Everything that you have just said, it is all you. You're a demigod that is afraid of everyone. You're a demigod that only loves to take revenge and your head is always filled with hatred. You do look tough but behind that grin, you are a small boy who is afraid. You are afraid but heck you will never dare to show it. You think that everything you have done is right but it is only to soothe yourself. You're the one who's living in a dream."

"Oh, I fear you very much. Or is it the opposite?"

"Others might be afraid of you but I am not and never will be afraid of you. I admit I am afraid of  some things but I certainly am not afraid of someone like you."

"Lia, calm down. He's not worth it," Louis hand on my arm, pulling me back.

"Seems like you're just comforting yourself with those words of yours," he smirks. "I bet under that mask of yours, you have hurt plenty of people. The feeling is casual for me but not for you. Here you are, trying to be all heroic. How can you be a hero if you've hurt people? I'm not a savior like how my brother is and neither are you."

"Shut it, Frosty. No matter how many times you try to take me down with those cunning words of yours, you can't. You may be a king and a prince but that doesn't really apply in here. For someone like you as a king? I'm pretty sure I can be a better queen," I scoffed.

He slams the glass, silencing me. "You're hilarious. You are very lucky. You may look down on me because I'm in this dungeon. But listen here, once I am out from here, I will not hesitate to hurt you. I have killed many and you're no one special. What makes you think that you're special that I'd have to think twice about killing you?"

"We'll see about that!" I screamed as Louis carried me away from the room.

I sighed, releasing the screw driver.

Why am I still so interested in him after what he has said to me?

I look at the red mark on my hand. I stood up and looked at my watch. It was past 10. I took whatever is needed and left the lab. As I was walking, the room came into my vision. I slowly came to a stop and stood in front of the door. Battling to whether step in. I was very interested in him which made me question myself.

Am I cursed or something?

I tapped my card on the scanner and proceed to enter. After the last door, I noticed Loki was awake. Fresh, standing in the middle of the glass room. As if he was talking to someone. I immediately hid behind the black railings, observing him.

"How am I doing? I'm in this dungeon if you're able to see. Currently treating me the same way Odin would," he scoffs.

I look around his area and there was no one but only him. I tilt my head and continue to eavesdrop.