Mattheo's desire

Kirra stepped out from the entrance of the Hufflepuff common room and walked across to the kitchen, and to her surprise, Mattheo was already standing there, waiting for her. He had a bored expression on his face as he leaned against the wall, though when he noticed her walking up to him he pushed himself off the wall and faced her, straightening out his Slytherin robes slightly and he took a few steps toward her.

Kirra sent the tall Slytherin boy a small smile, "You came" Kirra said with her eyebrows raised slightly, in all honestly she doubted that the Slytherin boy would meet her there; after all, he wasn't the most trustworthy person that she had met in her life.

"I told you I would didn't I?" He asked her and raised his left eyebrow before the two began to walk down the corridors as Kirra tried to remember the way to the room with the mirror, "so are you going to tell me what you dragged me out here for at 11 in the night?"

"Right, sorry" she muttered and he kept his head straight but he looked down at her, so that she wouldn't know that he was looking at her, he didn't know why he cared, but he hated that she always apologised; he could tell that she had been through a lot in her life. 

"The other night, I was walking around the castle and I found this mirror, it was absolutely beautiful, it reached the ceiling and was at least 2 meters wide too, at first it just looked like an ordinary mirror but when I looked into it, there were heaps of people behind me in my reflection, but they weren't actually there" She looked up at him for a moment to see if he was going to laugh at her or call her crazy, yet his face remained blank as they walked side by side, her leading the way.

He had a good idea what she was talking about, he read a lot when he was at Malfoy manner, they had a giant library and he had always been driven to become very powerful, and in order to do that, he knew he had to withhold a great deal of knowledge.

If what she was talking about was what he thought she was talking about, then he was sure that she was talking about the mirror of Erised, but what on earth would it be doing at Hogwarts

He then began to think more about what she had said while describing the mirror, his interest weirdly peaked, "who did you see?" he suddenly asked her, pure curiosity radiating out of his mouth

"well I saw my family," she said and grinned widely up at Mattheo, and she couldn't help but notice a small flash of sadness go through his eyes, and something else... it looked like guilt, but why would he feel guilty? 

The girl brushed it off and continued talking "but you were there too..." she muttered and this seemed to catch his attention as his head shot down to look at the small Hufflepuff.

"wait... you saw me?" he asked her in shock maybe he was wrong? Maybe it wasn't the mirror of erased. There was no way that she would see him while looking into a mirror that shows your greatest desire

"Yeah you were there and there were quite a few other Slytherin boys there but there were two that stood out the most, but I didn't know who any of them are," she said as she thought back to the two boys who had caught her attention while staring into the mirror that she had found, "but I saw one of them in a dream once... one of the boys who stood out," she muttered out and Mattheo continued to listen, suddenly extremely intrigued

"What did they look like?" he asked her softly, not wanting to catch the attention of any teachers who could have been roaming the halls late at night, trying to catch any students that were wondering the halls

"well the one I saw in a dream once, he was older, maybe in 5th year. He was quite handsome, he had tidy dark brown hair and dark brown eyes, he seemed kind of... mysterious I guess but I'm not really sure if it was in a good way you know... it was kind of like he had something to hide." She admitted as she thought back to the boy she saw when she had held onto the dragon carving that Hagrid had given her for Christmas. 

"What about the second boy?" Mattheo asked as they continued to walk down the dark and empty halls that they were so used to seeing during the day while it was warm and bright.

"Oh right, the other boy had black hair and grey-blue eyes he looked like he was probably in his 5th year too, if I'm being honest, both of them were Slytherins though, I don't remember seeing either of them walking around the halls, but both of them were wearing Slytherin robes" she said to him and he nodded his head softly, trying to take in the information that she was giving him.

"and you are sure that you have never seen either of them in real life?" Mattheo asked her in confusion, who were these two boys and why had she seen them while looking into the mirror?

"yeah but when I saw the three of you in the mirror, you were standing at the back in a row, separate to everyone else all of you standing next to each other in that order; the dream one, the one with grey-blue eyes and then you, like you have a connection or something. I don't know it was really weird," she muttered out softly and both of them seemed to be thinking about who they could be and how they could be related to Mattheo

They continue walking down the hall before she spots the familiar doorway, "oh its in here" Kirra suddenly says and grabs onto Mattheos sleeve and tugs him into the room, dragging him over to the mirror that was luckily still there.

Mattheo and Kirra stood in front of the mirror and looked into it but Mattheo couldn't see anything besides himself and Kirra standing in front of the mirror, just like they really were. Mattheo read the writing on the top of the mirror and knew that he was right about it being the mirror of Erised

"well what do you see?" she asked, a hint of excitement and interest in her voice, he contemplated answering for a moment but then decided to tell the truth, did the mirror not work for him

"I can't see anything, it's just the two of us standing in front of the mirror" Mattheo muttered out and the two first years both seemed to be upset at this. It's not every day that you get to find the mirror of erised and see nothing

"Oh" Kirra muttered out softly and looked into the mirror and stared at her mom and dad who had seemed to move back a bit and weren't right behind her anymore as Mattheo stood next to her. Another thing that was different this time was that they weren't smiling either, instead, they seemed to have a look of worry on their faces as they looked at their daughter and the boy next to her.

Kirra turned to Mattheo and let out a small sigh, "im sorry," she told him softly, her voice full of sincerity

"don't apologise," Mattheo replied blankly as he turned to look down at the girl next to him "do you still see me and two other Slytherins at the back?" Mattheo asked her and surely enough, the two Slytherins were still there

"yeah, but you're next to me instead of at the back now," she muttered out and he nodded his head softly, still trying to understand what all of this meant, "im just happy I get to see my family, especially my parents" she said, sadness dripping from her voice, yet she held a fake smile on her face.

Mattheo looked down in guilt at her words, "we should get going before we get caught," he speaks up and Kirra nods her head, agreeing with him while feeling bad that he didn't see anything

Kirra walks over to the door and Mattheo goes to walk over to the door too, but he decided to look into the mirror one last time in hope that maybe he would see something now that she wasn't standing next to him.

His eyes trailed back to the mirror, not sure what he should expect to see but when he looked at the reflection, his eyes widened in shock and he had to refrain from letting out a small gasp.

Even though the girl was at the other side of the room and out of view of the mirror, the reflection showed the two of them still standing there next to each other and she now had her arm wrapped around his waist, a large smile on her face.

"You okay?" Kirra called out in concern and Mattheo stared at it for a few more moments before turning back to look at the girl who was standing outside the doorway, occasionally looking down the halls to make sure that there were no teachers

"yeah let's get out of here, I've spent more than enough time with you today, any longer and im sure that I will go insane," Mattheo said cooly which made the Hufflepuff roll her eyes and then the two of them left the room, leaving the mirror and their truest desires behind.