Chapter 85

It was a map showing every detail of the Hogwarts castle and grounds. But the truly remarkable thing was the tiny ink dots moving around it, each labeled with a name in minuscule writing. Astounded, Harry bent over it. A labeled dot in the top left corner showed that Professor Dumbledore was pacing his study; the caretaker's cat, Mrs. Norris, was prowling the second floor, and Peeves the poltergeist was currently bouncing around the trophy room. 

And as Harry's eyes travelled up and down the familiar corridors, he noticed something else. This map showed a set of passages he had never entered. And many of them seemed to lead –'Right into Hogsmeade,' said Fred, tracing one of them with his finger. 

'There are seven in all. Now, Filch knows about these four –' he pointed them out, '– but we're sure we're the only ones who know about these. Don't bother with the one behind the mirror on the fourth floor. We used it until last winter, but it's caved in – completely blocked. And we don't reckon anyone's ever used this one, because the Whomping Willow's planted right over the entrance. But this one here, this one leads right into the cellar of Honeydukes. We've used it loads of times. And as you might've noticed, the entrance is right outside this room, through that one-eyed old crone's hump.'

'Stripes, Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs,' sighed George, patting the heading of the map. 'We owe them so much.' 

'Noble men, working tirelessly to help a new generation of law-breakers,' said Fred solemnly.

"and how do you know that they were all men?" Kirra asked them with raised eyebrows

'Right, she has got a point...' said George briskly, 'anyways sorry, don't forget to wipe it after you've used it –'

'– or anyone can read it,' Fred said warningly. 'Just tap it again and say, "Mischief managed!" And it'll go blank.'

'So, young Potters,' said Fred, in an uncanny impersonation of Percy, 'mind you behave yourself.'

'See you in Honeydukes,' said George, winking. They left the room, both smirking in a satisfied sort of way. Kirra and Harry stood there, gazing at the miraculous map and Kirra handed it over to her brother. 

He watched the tiny ink Mrs Norris turn left and pause to sniff at something on the floor. If Filch really didna know ... he wouldn't have to pass the Dementors at all ...But even as he stood there, flooded with excitement, something Harry had once heard Mr Weasley say came floating out of his memory. Never trust anything that can think for itself, if you can't see where it keeps its brain.

This map was one of those dangerous magical objects Mr Weasley had been warning against ... Aids to Magical Mischief-Makers ... 

"its okay Harry, you can trust the map" Kirra spoke out to him and he seemed unsure but then he nodded his head

Harry traced the secret passage to Honeydukes with his finger. Then, quite suddenly, as though following orders, he rolled up the map, stuffed it inside his robes, and the twins hurried to the door of the classroom. 

They opened it a couple of inches. There was no one outside. Very carefully, they edged out of the room and slipped behind the statue of the one-eyed witch.He pulled out the map again and saw, to his astonishment, that two new ink figures had appeared upon it, labelled 'Harry Potter' and 'Emily Barnes'.

These figures were standing exactly where the real Harry and Kirra was standing, "Emily Barnes?" Harry whispered in confusion

"Yeah that's me.... in my last life" she whispered to Harry who nodded his head softly. 

About halfway down the third-floor corridor. Harry and Kirra watched carefully. Their little ink selves appeared to be tapping the witch with their minute wands. Kirra quickly took out her real wand and tapped the statue. 'Dissendium' Kirra whispered, tapping the stone witch again.