Time Out

While hanging out with Harry, Hermione and Ron, Professor McGonagall summoned Harry and Kirra into her office, with such a sombre expression on her face Harry and Kirra thought someone must have died. 

'There's no point hiding it from you any longer, Potter's,' she said, in a very serious voice. 'I know this will come as a shock to you both," she gave Kirra an unreadable expression, "but Sirius Black –'

'I know he's after us,' said Harry wearily while Kirra stayed silent, she wasn't stupid- she knew that McGonagall knew about Kirra remembering everything. 

'We heard Ron's dad telling his mum. Mr Weasley works for the Ministry of Magic.' Professor McGonagall seemed very taken aback. She stared at Harry and Kirra for a moment or two, then said, 'I see! Well, in that case, Mr and Miss Potter, you'll understand why I don't think it's a good idea for you to be practising Quidditch in the evenings. Out on the pitch with only your team members, it's very exposed, Potter –'

'We've got our first match on Saturday!' said Harry, outraged 

"And Hufflepuffs game is only a few weeks away!" Kirra said it in a disappointed voice. 

'I've got to train, Professor!' Professor McGonagall considered him intently. Harry and Kirra knew she was deeply interested in the Gryffindor team's prospects; it had been she, after all, who suggested him as Seeker in the first place. 

"And my team is depending on me Ma'am" Kirra begged the woman

The twins waited, holding their breath. 'Hmm ...' Professor McGonagall stood up and stared out of the window at the quidditch pitch, just visible through the rain. 'Well ... goodness knows, I'd like to see us win the Cup at last ... but all the same, Potter ... I'd be happier if a teacher were present. I'll ask Madam Hooch to over see your training sessions... Yours too Miss Potter, though to be honest with you-" a small smile was on the womans face, "I do doubt that you need to train- no offense Mr Potter- But Kirra, you are the best Seeker this school has seen"

"Umm... thank you very much professor I've had a lot of p-" she stopped herself but McGonagall already knew what she was going to say and a smirk made its way onto the womans face

"Youve had a lot of practise?" McGonagall finished for the young Potter girl

"Y-yes exactly" Kirra said with a nod

"I know" McGonagall said with a grin on her lips, "have you thought about starting a career in quidditch?"

"Actually I wouldn't mind working with Dragons... I mean I love quidditch, but Dragons..." She drew off as she thought about the magical beasts that she adored do much, "there's just something about them you know"

McGonagall couldn't help but smile at the girl and nod her head, "I know"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The weather worsened steadily as the first Quidditch match drew nearer. Undaunted, the Hufflepuff team were training harder than ever under the eye of Madam Hooch. Then, at their final training session before Saturday's match, Gilbert Blythe gave his team some unwelcome news. 

'We're not playing in a few weeks!" he told them, looking very angry and slightly worried. 'Wood's just been to see me. We're playing Gryffindor this weekend instead.'

'Why?' chorused the rest of the team.

'Flint's excuse is that their Seeker's arm's still injured,' said Blythe, letting out a large sigh of annoyance. 'But it's obvious why they're doing it. Don't want to play in this weather and Wood agrees on that. Think it'll damage their chances ...'