Deny Deny Deny

"I still can't believe that Riddle actually said that to you, he never actually goes that far," Maxine said as they walked along the halls, Maxine had been shocked and talking non-stop about the incident while JJ had been dead silent the entire time which was unusual since he was usually the one who was talking the most.

"JJ are you okay? you haven't said anything all night, so tell me now before I get to detention" Kirra said, clearly concerned for her friend. JJ finally turned to her and he looked beyond angry as he looked her up and down

"Do you want to tell us why Theodore Nott got into a fight with Matheo right after he called you a half-blood? or are you going to tell us that it was just all a big coincidence?" JJ asked her angrily and she furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, she had no idea that Theo had gotten into a fight with Mattheo after the incident, in fact she was surprised that he did.

"What?" she asked him in confusion, but Maxine and JJ took her confusion as her just lying to their faces

"Yeah Riddle has got a massive cut across his nose and Theodore has got a black eye and a split lip," JJ said and then glared softly at the girl "and the fight seemed to break out after your incident which is odd considering you told us that you weren't friends with Nott and I don't think he would defend you like that for no reason."

Kirra let out a soft sigh "Okay first off, I never told you that I wasn't friends with him, you just assumed that I wasn't and I didn't deny it. I just don't see why the two of you can't just let me make my own decisions, I know that he has done some bad things, but that doesn't mean he is a bad person. He is worth saving before he goes down the wrong path," She pleaded with her two friends who were staring at her with disbelief

"I can't believe you lied to me!" Maxine growled and then she grabbed onto the sleeve of JJ's cloak and the two of them stormed down the corridor leaving the small Hufflepuff alone with her mouth slightly parted and tears brimming her eyes as she watched her two best friends leaving her.

It was fine literally 2 minutes ago and now her best friends hated her for something as ridiculous as hanging around with a Slytherin. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was five minutes to eight, and Kirra knew she had to hurry up as she ran down second-floor corridor to Lockhart's office. She gritted his teeth and knocked. The door flew open at once. Lockhart beamed down at her.

"Ah, here she is!" he said. "Come in, Kirra, your brother is already here. come in —"Shining brightly on the walls by the light of many candles were countless framed photographs of Lockhart. He had even signed a few of them. Another large pile lay on his desk. 

"You can address the envelopes with your brother!" Lockhart told Kirra, as though this was a huge treat, the two twins shared looks, and they both knew that neither one of them was happy about the situation that they had landed themselves in. 

"This first one's to Gladys Gudgeon, bless her — huge fan of mine —"The minutes snailed by. Kirra and Harry let Lockhart's voice wash over them, occasionally saying, "Mmm" and "Right" and "Yeah." knowing that they weren't allowed to talk to each other or they would probably land extra detentions.

Now and then they caught a phrase like, "Fame's a fickle friend, Harry," or "Celebrity is a celebrity does, remember that Kirra." The candles burned lower and lower, making the light dance over the many moving faces of Lockhart watching them. 

Kirra moved her aching hand over what felt like the thousandth envelope, writing out Veronica Smethley's address. It must be nearly time to leave, Kirra thought miserably, please let it be nearly time. . . . And then she heard something — something quite apart from the spitting of the dying candles and Lockhart's prattle about his fans.