Chapter 133

Kirra knocked on Hagrid's door, and Fang's booming barks answered instantly

" 'Bout time!" said Hagrid, when he'd flung open the door. "Thought you'd forgotten where I live! I-" He stopped talking when he noticed the Slytherin boy standing next to her, a worried scowl made its way onto the man's face

"Sorry, i've just been really busy lately, you remember Jasper right Hag —" Kirra started to say, but then she stopped dead, looking up at Hagrid, apparently lost for words. Hagrid was wearing his best (and very horrible) hairy brown suit, plus a checked yellow-and-orange tie. 

This wasn't the worst of it, though; he had evidently tried to tame his hair, using large quantities of what appeared to be axle grease. It was now slicked down into two bunches — perhaps he had tried a ponytail like Bill's, but found he had too much hair. 

The look didn't really suit Hagrid at all. For a moment, Jasper and Kirra goggled at him, then, obviously deciding not to comment, she said, "Erm — where are the skrewts?"

"Out by the pumpkin patch," said Hagrid happily, sending small skeptical looks to Jasper. "They're gettin' massive, mus' be nearly three foot long now. On'y trouble is, they've started killin' each other."

"Oh no, really?" said Kirra who was feeling very sorry for Hagrid, she knew how much they meant to him, and she found it barbaric that they could kill their own kind... just like humans

"Yeah," said Hagrid sadly. " 'S' okay, though, I've got 'em in separate boxes now. Still got abou' twenty."

"Well, that's lucky," said Jasper. Hagrid missed the sarcasm, though the girl next to him clearly didn't as she sent him a small glare before looking back at Hagrid. Hagrid let out a small sigh as he looked at the pair in front of him, he guess he shouldn't be surprised anymore, after all, Ophelia was practically only friends with Slytherins too.

"Oh hello Hagrid, how is your day going?" The kind 4th year Hufflepuff asked the large 2nd year boy who was known for being very quiet. Hagrid looked up at the girl with a small smile, she was practically the only person in the whole school who didn't look at him like he was some kind of freak or a monster

"I- I'm good thank you Ophelia, I was just going down to the forest to see the Bowtruckles, I bring them food sometimes since they have to fight with a lot of other creatures in the forest for food and shelter," Hagrid said softly, his cheeks going pink as he tried his best to keep eye contact with the girl but failed to do so

Hagrid felt his stomach fill with butterflies as the girl smiled wider at him, "That's wonderful Hagrid, you wouldn't mind if I tagged along would you? I often go down their myself, but I haven't been in a while, I've just been so busy lately," She asked him softly, her beautiful green eyes staring into his own.

Hagrid instantly nodded his head, a wide smile making its way onto his face, "Of c-" Hagrid started, his cheeks almost completely red, but he was suddenly cut off by a few laughs behind him.

"Come on O, we are heading down to the library for a while. Ditch the Oaf and lets go," Avery told her with a wide grin as he and two other Slytherin boys walked up from behind Hagrid and then walked next to Ophelia.

"I just got us a shit ton of sweets from the kitchen so let's go princess," Nott said with a wide grin as he wrapped his hand around Ophelia's shoulders with a wide grin before looking Hagrid up and down with a look of disgust, the same look that the other two Slytherins were giving him

"actually guys, Hagrid and I already made plans, but I'll come up and find you guys later okay, make sure you save some for me." She told them with an awkward smile before turning to look at Hagrid, "You ready to go?"