Chapter 89

Kirra had her new firebolt tucked under her arm, today it was Hufflepuff v Ravenclaw and the girl was determined on winning the game, they had beat Gryffindor and Slytherin and this was the last game. She went down to breakfast with Jasper, Mattheo and Theodore, all of whom hadn't stopped googling at the broom in excitement.

As Kirra entered the Great Hall, heads turned in the direction of the Firebolt, and there was a good deal of excited muttering. Kirra sat down with her friends at the Slytherin table, and she could feel everyone's eyes on her and the broom

'Did you see his face?' said Jasper gleefully, looking back at Malfoy, the two boys hadn't seemed to get on at all since his arrival and Kirra was close to believing that Jasper hated Malfoy more than Ron or Harry. 

'You are already the best quidditch player in the school and now you have a firebolt!" Theodore commented with a chuckle of disbelief, "Now nobody stands a damn chance"

"Yeah well Harry got one too" Kirra said to Theodore with a grin, "so I guess that makes a little bit more fair"

People from the Ravenclaw, Gryffindor and Hufflepuff tables were soon coming over to look. Cedric Diggory and Gibert Blythe came over to congratulate Kirra on having acquired such a superb replacement for and telling her how they were now practically unbeatable, and Percy's Ravenclaw girlfriend, Penelope Clearwater, asked if she could actually hold the Firebolt.

'How about no?' said Mattheo in annoyance as they all crowded around the Slytherin table, and the Ravenclaw girl rolled her eyes at the boy as she examined the Firebolt closely. 

'Penelope and I have got a bet on,' Blythe suddenly told the Hufflepuff seeker. 'Ten Galleons on the outcome of the match!'

"Okay you lot can all piss off now" Theodore sneered at them, mainly aiming it towards the Gryffidnors. The crowd disappeared back to their tables, rolling their eyes and scoffing at the Slytherins

"God I hate people" Theodore muttered under his breath as he gave the Gryffindors one last glare and then began to eat his breakfast

'Sure you can manage that broom, Potter?' said a cold, drawling voice. Draco Malfoy had arrived for a closer look, Crabbe and Goyle right behind him. 'Yeah, reckon so... I mean I can handle your stupid winning all day, so it shouldn't be that difficult,' said Kirra casually.

'I suggest that you watch your mouth Potter' said Malfoy, eyes glittering maliciously. 

'I suggest you watch your ankles Malfoy, unless you want to be hanging upside down from them again' the girl replied

The Slytherins all snickered while Malfoys face went red in anger, "My f-"

"yeah yeah, your father will hear about this... we know" the girl said and brushed it off, bitting into a piece of toast, clearly not caring about Dracos father. Malfoy's pale eyes narrowed, and he stalked away. They watched him rejoin the his little gang of Slytherins, who put their heads together, no doubt asking Malfoy whether Kirra's broom really was a Firebolt.

At a quarter to eleven, Kirra said a quick goodbye to her friends, giving Mattheo a quick kiss on the cheek and the Hufflepuff team set off for the changing rooms. The weather couldn't have been more different from their match against Gryffindor.

It was a clear, cool day, with a very light breeze; there would be no visibility problems this time, and Kirra, though nervous, was starting to feel the excitement only a Quidditch match could bring. 

They could hear the rest of the school moving into the stadium beyond. Kirra took off her black school robes, removed her wand from her pocket, and stuck it inside the T-shirt she was going to wear under her Quidditch robes.