The Dragon

The dragon stood protectively in front of Mattheo, Theodore, and Jasper, its wings forming an impenetrable barrier. The onlookers, both students and teachers, were bewildered by the surreal turn of events. Nobody had any idea where the dragon had come from, it was as if it had appeared out of nowhere. 

It let out another loud cry, warning the teachers to back off. 

The three boys looked up at the dragon. Confusion covered their tear stained cheeks. Theodore was the first one to catch on, he turned around and looked down towards the ground to see that her body was no longer on the ground. He felt his heart thumping loudly in his chest as it all began to click

Jasper spoke up suddenly, "sh-shes gone," he muttered, also looking down at the spot where she had previously been laying, "guy's she's gone..."

"No... she's right there," Theodore muttered and the three Slytherins slowly looked back at the dragon who was standing over them protectively. The tension in the air was palpable as the teachers, uncertain of what to do next, raised their wands.

"We need to protect the students!" Professor Sprout exclaimed in worry as she pulled some of the students back from the dangerous magical creature. 

Without a moment's hesitation, several teachers, including Dumbledore and McGonagall, launched spells at the dragon, seeking to protect the students. The spells struck the dragon's formidable hide, causing it to roar out in pain.

The three Slytherins tried to call out to the teachers, telling them to stop but the teachers couldn't even hear them over the sound of the dragon or the screaming students as most of them began to run off, while others stood there either too scared to move, or too intrigued to leave. 

The boys tried to get past the wings so that they could get the teachers to stop, but there was spells firing everywhere and the last thing the dragon planned on doing was letting them in the firing range. 

Most of the students that had stayed were the Hufflepuffs and the Gryffindors. The students watched in stunned silence as the dragon, undaunted and unwavering, remained firmly in place, guarding the three Slytherins against the spells that rained upon it. The teachers, perplexed by the dragon's actions, began to realise that it wasn't attacking back.

McGonagall, her voice commanding yet tinged with confusion, called for the other teachers to cease their spells. "Hold your fire! The dragon isn't fighting back! I dont think that it means any harm."

The dragon continued to protect the Slytherins as Minerva approached them cautiously. The teachers and students exchanged bewildered glances, unsure of what had just transpired. The flapped its wings slightly but then it softly lowered her head towards the teacher, a look of recognition on its face 

"Minerva, step back its dangerous!" Flitwick called to the woman. Minerva watched as the dragon looked down at her. There was something so familiar about the look in its eyes. 

As Minerva reached the trio, she spoke softly to Mattheo, Theodore, and Jasper, "What happened here? How did the dragon just appear out of nowhere?"

The three Slytherins, still recovering from the shock of the dragon's appearance and the subsequent spells, struggled to find words. Kirra's presence, even in her dragon form, had shaken them to their core.

The dragon remained resolute, its green eyes flickering with recognition as it gazed upon Minerva McGonagall. Her voice, although commanding, held a note of uncertainty as she approached the trio, "what kind of forbidden magic have you used." She didn't want to believe that they were using the dark arts, especially at such an early age... but they were brought up surrounded by that magic, so she had her doubts.